Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alocin)
    Well done! You get a digestive biscuit! Here is another, this time all poetic:

Four men sat down to play
    They played all night til break of day.
    They played for gold and not for fun,
    With separate scores for everyone.
    When they came to square accounts
    They all made quite fair amounts.
    Can you this paradox explain?
    If no one lost, how could all gain?
    they were musicians

CR

ReputationRep:
    Musicians, yes you also get a digestive! The husband and wife was photograher as it said in the post just before, and we've already had the egg one!

ReputationRep:
    Musicians, yes you also get a digestive! The husband and wife was photograher as it said in the post just before, and we've already had the egg one!
    oh now i understand it...i was still thinking about some crazed maniac who took pictures of her brutely beating her husband...well im off..and wya i guess thats sorts of like the guy who told hs parents he wanted to shoot people and blow them up...

CR

ReputationRep:
    There once was a lady who lived on the top floor of a 32 floor building. Everyday she would take the elivator all the way down, and walk two blocks to work. On the way home, if it was a sunny day, and there was no one in the elivator, she would only take it half way ( floor 16 ) and then walk up the stairs to her floor (floor 32). If it was raning outside, or if there where other people, she would take it all the way up. Now, if it was raining and she was the only one in the elivator, she would take it up all the way as well. Why did she have such a funny habbit?

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    There once was a lady who lived on the top floor of a 32 floor building. Everyday she would take the elivator all the way down, and walk two blocks to work. On the way home, if it was a sunny day, and there was no one in the elivator, she would only take it half way ( floor 16 ) and then walk up the stairs to her floor (floor 32). If it was raning outside, or if there where other people, she would take it all the way up. Now, if it was raining and she was the only one in the elivator, she would take it up all the way as well. Why did she have such a funny habbit?

CR
    she was short...and when it was raining could use the umbrella to hit the top button...ie..her floor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    she was short...and when it was raining could use the umbrella to hit the top button...ie..her floor
    correct but why didn't she just carry her umbrella around everywhere????riddles are always left unsolved sometimes though...

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    correct but why didn't she just carry her umbrella around everywhere????riddles are always left unsolved sometimes though...

CR
    er.....maybe she liked excercise on sunny days?!?!!?!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, walking up stairs is good for you!

What happened in 1961 that will not happen again for over 4000 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yOUR_dESTINY)
    a box without hinges, key, or lid. yet golden treasure inside is hid
    incase you were wondering it was an egg ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, walking up stairs is good for you!

What happened in 1961 that will not happen again for over 4000 years?
    could be totally off..but it reads the same upside down..don't even wanna try to get 4000 years later

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yOUR_dESTINY)
    incase you were wondering it was an egg ¬_¬
    that riddle was already posted...

CR

ReputationRep:
    what question can u never answer yes to? how bout no?

CR

ReputationRep:
    http://nr.wireplay.co.uk/modules.php...et_Riddle_Main

go there and sign up if you like riddles

im on 1.29

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by mun
    A little boy was walking along an empty street with his father. Suddenly a friend of theirs, with his son, came around the corner. There was no one else in the street. The first little boy looked up at his father and said, "Oh, that makes five of us." How can you explain this?

i think ive solved this one....but i wanna c what u guys come up with. I'm abit stunne4d because i don't usually get them

ReputationRep:
    Hence my "we've already had the egg one"!

CR gets another digestive, it reads the same upsidedown. Won't happen again till 6009!

Are you dead? Can you talk? I think we had that one earlier too, but I only guess-answered it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    http://nr.wireplay.co.uk/modules.php...et_Riddle_Main

go there and sign up if you like riddles

im on 1.29
    i signed up and itwont let me past 1.1

ReputationRep:
    any1 wanna no????? ow....watch it be wrong now...

ReputationRep:
    Hence my "we've already had the egg one"!

CR gets another digestive, it reads the same upsidedown. Won't happen again till 6009!

Are you dead? Can you talk? I think we had that one earlier too, but I only guess-answered it...
    mine were are you asleep, and can you hear me...i guess there is a lot of possibilities for that one...anyway yes i would love to here the answer for that man and boy one..

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    mine were are you asleep, and can you hear me...i guess there is a lot of possibilities for that one...anyway yes i would love to here the answer for that man and boy one..

CR
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by mun
    A little boy was walking along an empty street with his father. Suddenly a friend of theirs, with his son, came around the corner. There was no one else in the street. The first little boy looked up at his father and said, "Oh, that makes five of us." How can you explain this?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can u redo the punctuation like this:

a little boy was walking along an empty street. With his father, suddenly a friend of theirs, with his son, came around the corner. There was no one else in the street. The 1st little boy looked up at his father and said "oh, that makes 5 of us."

so thers 1 liitl boy - @ the end u find out he was with his father, as it never said he wasnt
    THATS 2.

Then thers the freind, with his father, and his son. thats plus 3
    2+3=5 ppl.
    5 people...is that right!!!!!!!!!is it?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasha D)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mun

can u redo the punctuation like this:

a little boy was walking along an empty street. With his father, suddenly a friend of theirs, with his son, came around the corner. There was no one else in the street. The 1st little boy looked up at his father and said "oh, that makes 5 of us."

so thers 1 liitl boy - @ the end u find out he was with his father, as it never said he wasnt
    THATS 2.

Then thers the freind, with his father, and his son. thats plus 3
    2+3=5 ppl.
    5 people...is that right!!!!!!!!!is it?????

if u can redo the punctuation then YESS

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.