A level french Watch

This discussion is closed.
'ica
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hey.....just wondered how many of you out there are doing A2 level french? I am doing it, and think that i'd probably do as well on the course without my french teacher because the teaching is pretty substandard. We have coursework on the go, but our teacher always sets us stupid homeworks that are of no value, but take years to do. Therefore we have barely any time for our coursework, let alone other subjects. She sets us millions of essays when we're not even doing the writing exam! She's rubbish basically, and i just wondered whether i was over-reacting, or whether you're teachers really are loads better than mine. Oh yeah, she never marks anything. But she'd the kind of teahcer who makes your life hell, and would make it worse if you complained about her. Arghhhhhhhh, frustration!!!! Sorry for the rant!!! x
undercover-ange
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well I'm doing AS level french but I feel like a rant too....WHY do both my teachers think the internet is such a brilliant source of french facts?? I find it absolutely impossible to dig through french websites to find statistics on asylum seekers. (If anyone can help 'twould be appreciated ) But the teachers seem to think it's really good to find facts for the oral exam stress!!! xxx
Lemovitch
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
French is fantastic, maybe because its the only subject i can do with no effort - I got an A at AS and it was he subject I did the least work for. Not sure what I'm gonna get for A2 though as my coursework isn't great. As for teaching, I've never suffered from poor teaching of French, but it's the luck of the draw - had a crap teacher for GCSE German so didn't take it for AS.
Mioniel
Report 14 years ago
I did French A level and it was the one that involved the most work. We also seemed to get a lot of written homework, which was most annoying because I found writing one of the easier areas. Have you tried talking to your teacher about it? I found that if the whole class got together and said, "Look, we need time to do our coursework, we have SO MUCH WORK!" then we usually made some sort of an impact.

If one teacher was giving us so much work we didn't have time for the other subjects, we'd just tell our other teachers and they'd usually go and Have Words with the other teacher. I think I must have had almost every single teacher having at my French teacher at one point!
RachW
Report 14 years ago
yeah i can sympathise coz school couldn't timetable the options i wanted to do, so i have 1 1/2 hour's teaching a week for french A2 which is fairly tricky! doing coursework atm - any1 else doing Camus' L'Etranger?
dizzzzzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im doin A2 french and have the same problem. loads of homework and coursework. i didnt get on with my teacher before christmas so i got very behind with coursework so im still only doing drafts but now she's gone im ok.

anyone read un sac de billes? im doin it as part of my coursework but havent quite finished reading it so i dont know what happens after about half way through. i have to give it in on monday.
Lemovitch
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm doing L'etranger for my coursework and I had to read Sac de Billes last year, spooky
Cacambo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm doing French A2 at the moment, and although there is a lot of work, I find it manageable. What can get a bit overwhelming is the amount of vocabulary you feel you have to learn ('just in case' as we are continually told).
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (237)
91.51%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (22)
8.49%

Watched Threads