Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the nurse ppl r scared of my cuz the heaf test tickled my arm an i laughed...evry1 els was complainin!
    does the jab hurt tho?

ReputationRep:
    No not really, its more of a numbing feeling than a sharp sting, the length the needle is in your arm seems like quite a long time but it isn't really anything to go crazy about, 99% of people were fine at my school. the odd person fainted and a couple refused to have it, and they were the so called 'macho' lads.

ReputationRep:
    lol, i was scared at how far in the needle had to go, and the woman doing it for me left it there, then put it in really slowly so it started stinging like bad!!! didnt like that. my arm was ok though, unlike many others who had pussing bcg spots, pain, numbness etc.

ReputationRep:
    no it doesn't

ReputationRep:
    They'll probably say something like, " Oh its okay, i'm just goning to give you a little scratch" and itl sting very briefly and thats it. Just don't pick the scab after PLEASE so many beautiful people have ruined theeir arms by making massive BCG scars from picking it. Its really important that you leave it, and don't touch it after.

ReputationRep:
    It hurts unbearably.

Nah not really, but it will leave you with a patch on your arm that will hurt if you hit it. Some people's swell up and burst and they get large scars. But only a few

It's worth having though, don't let me put you off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalandraka)
    They'll probably say something like, " Oh its okay, i'm just goning to give you a little scratch" and itl sting very briefly and thats it. Just don't pick the scab after PLEASE so many beautiful people have ruined theeir arms by making massive BCG scars from picking it. Its really important that you leave it, and don't touch it after.
    Very true, that. Just keep it clean and ignore it. I did and mine didn't leave a mark at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stripy toe sock)
    the nurse ppl r scared of my cuz the heaf test tickled my arm an i laughed...evry1 els was complainin!
    does the jab hurt tho?
    Well, no, it didn't hurt.
    But i't has scarred my arm for life though.

ReputationRep:
    it stings a bit after they pull it out, but provided u dont let anyone hit you on it (especially flicking lol), it will just become a flat scar after a few months

ReputationRep:
    less than TB

ReputationRep:
    Back in Year 8, a few weeks after the jab, my mate got punched quite hard in the arm by another mate. His arm did not look pleasant, and he started to cry as he was in so much in agony. This was in the changing rooms, which was not very helpful.

ReputationRep:
    The bcg stings really badly (kinda how I imagine a bee sting would feel), and as other people have said, don't hit your arm afterwards! Lots of people in my year complained that their arms hurt for about a week afterwards, but mine didn't at all. I have a raised white scar on my arm now, though, which I'm not pleased about!

ReputationRep:
    I had it done about a year ago and the scars pretty much gone.

needle is v short- doesn't go in far and doesn't really hurt (might feel a bit stiff next day), but the stuff you have to swallow tastes foul

ReputationRep:
    if they give you the suff to swallow first it tastes like shite, you are too busy thinking about the tase to notice the jab. if somebody punches you punch them back even harder

ReputationRep:
    every one thinks it is a good pastime in lessons to try and give a dead arm on the jab, to make it bleed and scar you for life........sadly i have a big *uckoff scar on my arm. it is and it is found ''funny'' when you yelp in pain

ReputationRep:
    I had mine done about 3 years ago, in Yr 8 and to be honest I didn't really feel anything. Maybe a little scratch but that was it. It made me feel a bit sick waiting to have it done but I was fine when I got there and saw the needle (yes, i would be wierd like that...lol) Then my arm throbbed for about 3minutes and I remember my class going to our next lesson and we all pretended that it hurt to badly to write....even though they did it on your non writing hand....hey we had some dumb teachers, and it worked!

Hope yours is okay

ReputationRep:
    the pain is excruciating it's like being stabbed by a sword.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't hurt much at all, I was a little surprised at how much got injected 'cos the skin on my arm felt tight at first. Other than that, it feels like a little bruise for a few days. People tried smacking me on the arm but it didn't do anything, it was bound to scar anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon that the feeling's different for different people. When I had the injection, my arm swelled up a bit, and felt heavy, whereas some other popel's arms felt fine.

ReputationRep:
    Mine hurt me! But then again I have a very low thresh-hold and I'm a wimp

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.