Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    twice when coming back from away games this month i've heard opposition fans talking to each other during the match about how big, strong, quick and athletic every Arsenal player is. Its how Wenger likes em.
    Harry Redknap said that he could easily choose 6 arsenal players to win the boat race, but the problem wouldbe to find someone small enough to fit in the helm(?)

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd shouldn't have sold Beckham - it was stupid. If I was a Man Utd fan, i'd be hoping that Fergie would piss off to his horses, as he seems to care more. They have bought bog-standard players so what do they expect. Look at the Gooners, topping up their squad with Reyes, but Utd bought Eric Djemba-Djemba and the wrong Kleberson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    Man Utd shouldn't have sold Beckham - it was stupid. If I was a Man Utd fan, i'd be hoping that Fergie would piss off to his horses, as he seems to care more. They have bought bog-standard players so what do they expect. Look at the Gooners, topping up their squad with Reyes, but Utd bought Eric Djemba-Djemba and the wrong Kleberson.
    i knew that the beckham thing will come back again! and indeed it should

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Harry Redknap said that he could easily choose 6 arsenal players to win the boat race, but the problem wouldbe to find someone small enough to fit in the helm(?)
    cox

d'ya know who i'm really excited to see tomorrow. Collina, yes big eyes himself. And Silvhino, should get a good reception tommorow.

ReputationRep:
    Hold it now. Fergie had a very good reason for bringing in Djemba and Kleberson and the rest. He's building a new team, a new era if you will, around the youth. We shouldn't expect the young signings to set the world alight right away but in time we will be built around them and then we'll see if Fergie's gamble comes off.

As for Beckham, yeah he shouldn't have gone. But it may have been part of Fergie's "out with the old in with the new". Wrong player to get rid of though, Beckham still has years in him. But in future we'll have filled the Beckham void.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    yeah he said berkovic could cox them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    Hold it now. Fergie had a very good reason for bringing in Djemba and Kleberson and the rest. He's building a new team, a new era if you will, around the youth. We shouldn't expect the young signings to set the world alight right away but in time we will be built around them and then we'll see if Fergie's gamble comes off.

As for Beckham, yeah he shouldn't have gone. But it may have been part of Fergie's "out with the old in with the new". Wrong player to get rid of though, Beckham still has years in him. But in future we'll have filled the Beckham void.
    Fergie's last batch of youngsters were home-grown, and I thought he might have lost his talent of nuturing. Like you say, I think we need to wait and see. You've still got plenty of cash so the sky won't fall on your heads.

ReputationRep:
    cox

d'ya know who i'm really excited to see tomorrow. Collina, yes big eyes himself. And Silvhino, should get a good reception tommorow.
    Yeah, brill Collina with scary eyes is reffing arsenal! He's the one ref you can count on to be decent. And welcome back silvinho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yeah, brill Collina with scary eyes is reffing arsenal! He's the one ref you can count on to be decent. And welcome back silvinho!
    Collina the fish

ReputationRep:
    i couldnt care less that we sold beckham, he is good, but not the best player we had. we bought 5 (i think) developing players to look to the future. in two years (may even be next year) we will get back on track. it takes time to settle in to team, remem how bad Lundberg(?), pires were when they first started playing for arsenal.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeps)
    i couldnt care less that we sold beckham, he is good, but not the best player we had. we bought 5 (i think) developing players to look to the future. in two years (may even be next year) we will get back on track. it takes time to settle in to team, remem how bad Lundberg(?), pires were when they first started playing for arsenal.....
    ljungberg scored a debut goal against man u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeps)
    i know everyone talk about the developing players yea, who do you think will be a future world star?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    i know everyone talk about the developing players yea, who do you think will be a future world star?
    i hate Man U but that Ronaldo will be awesome, and fletcher looks promising

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah and we also have some home grown players coming through, O'Shea, Fletcher, Richardson etc. and oh yeah what about Tim Howard, what a buy that was!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    i hate Man U but that Ronaldo will be awesome, and fletcher looks promising
    i think that ronaldo willbe awesome too

ReputationRep:
    "yeah what about Tim Howard, what a buy that was!"

not today he wasn't

but seriosuly he is a great signing

ReputationRep:
    tim howard is a flashy shot stopper, thats it. can't perform under pressure, was again at fault today. reflexes seem to be his only quality. not top quality, will be sold at the end of next season, if he lasts that long. give me mad jens anyday.

ReputationRep:
    tim howard is a flashy shot stopper, thats it. can't perform under pressure, was again at fault today. reflexes seem to be his only quality. not top quality, will be sold at the end of next season, if he lasts that long. give me mad jens anyday.
    i think this is abit harsh, i think he is a decent goalie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    i think this is abit harsh, i think he is a decent goalie
    but im very happy with cudicini he is my favourite goalkeeper of all times

ReputationRep:
    quote from an arsenal board:

"at least we know that 99% of the country had a great night, the other 1% from Guildford must be pissed off"

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.