Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi for coursework i have to organize statements into physical and psychological catagories. for example
    boy - physical
    honest - psychological

however which catagory do the following go into
    i like boats
    i like hopping etc just that 5 year olds that ive experimented on have put aukward things lol

ReputationRep:
    I'd say physical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    I'd say physical
    thanx r u sure lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    thanx r u sure lol
    Yeah because psychological would be something about themselves- I'm honest, kind, naughty etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Yeah because psychological would be something about themselves- I'm honest, kind, naughty etc.
    i thought liking was psychological though. soz i ask u then start contradicting lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    i thought liking was psychological though. soz i ask u then start contradicting lol :rolleyes:
    Ohhh...good point! Is this based on any theory or anything? It's just I have a really good psychology book and I could have a look in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Ohhh...good point! Is this based on any theory or anything? It's just I have a really good psychology book and I could have a look in there.
    thanx its based on self concepts in children and wot statements they wud give compared to adults ie physical r psychological. Montemayor was the first to carry out the study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    thanx its based on self concepts in children and wot statements they wud give compared to adults ie physical r psychological. Montemayor was the first to carry out the study
    Right, give me a few mins- gotta get out of bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Right, give me a few mins- gotta get out of bed
    I'd say both Psychological.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, well my psychology book gave no mention on Montemayor's study but I had a little look on the internet, if you look at this link:http://www.psychology.sbc.edu/yavari.htm you'll see that in the statement given by the 6 year old girl she said 'I like to eat' and the results said that she gave no psychological answers. That page might be quite helpful to you actually.
    But I will see if I can find a better answer than that for you because that person's experiment had more conditions than yours so that could be why she/he attributed 'I like' to something else. Hope this helps a bit

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.