The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham trent accommodation 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HStabler
I really don't see how you could even consider nearly £6000 just for accomodation! But oh well haha :/ yeah same but hopefully meet some good people :smile: x

I know! But i think i just prefer it more, and if my parents are ok then i am not complaining!haha. are you already at trent? what are you applying to do?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Helen_Louise92
I know quite a few people who are living/travelling there at the moment so hopefully i won't be too lonely! Yeh same, there's usually a fair bit of waitressing and bar jobs going though but not sure i want to be BEHIND the bar during freshers?!haha. yeah i was so adamant that i wanted to do drama, so i am really glad i took a bit of time to think and stuff and am s excited for broadcasting now :smile: awesome! what grades do they want? you feeling confident?

Well they're asking for like 280 ucas points I got B,C,C,E last year :/. So as long as I keep my B at A2 in law i'm good to go and I'm much more confident in getting the grades,because I know what I want and it feels good to know i'm going in the right direction for once :smile:.
Original post by Stephanie940
Well they're asking for like 280 ucas points I got B,C,C,E last year :/. So as long as I keep my B at A2 in law i'm good to go and I'm much more confident in getting the grades,because I know what I want and it feels good to know i'm going in the right direction for once :smile:.

If it helps, I got C,C,D,E at the end of year 12. I ended up with BBC plus the 20 points from my AS E grade. They accepted those 20 to make up the 300 points they asked for. well i'm guessing they did anyway otherwise they would not have accepted me!
If it helps, I got C,C,D,E at the end of year 12. I ended up with BBC plus the 20 points from my AS E grade. They accepted those 20 to make up the 300 points they asked for. well i'm guessing they did anyway otherwise they would not have accepted me!

I got B,D,D in first year. I took the extra AS in second year as a back up and it turned out to neccessary I can ignore my E a little now when i've got B,C,C at A2 in front of it lol. It was bad though because the B I got in As dropped down to an E at A2 because I got a U in both the exams I took.I have no idea how it happened especially when I thought that would be my best exam grade. Tempted to retake the E also,but it was bad seeing my failure the first time:confused:.
Reply 64
Any other unconditionals waiting for it to go live?! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by bexmorgan
Any other unconditionals waiting for it to go live?! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am! I asked the man in accommodation the other day and he said it could go up any time today, they can't give a certain time because they don't want the systems to go down...been up since 7, I am determined!
Reply 66
Booked Gill Street F483 (does that mean I'm on the 4th floor because I thought I chose 3rd) :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
I know! But i think i just prefer it more, and if my parents are ok then i am not complaining!haha. are you already at trent? what are you applying to do?

Fair enough! Haha just not for me.. Nope I applied last year just didn't get the grade I needed in one of my a levels.. And psychology or psychology with sociology xx
Reply 68
Original post by imsosuperman
Has anyone tried loging on to this page: https://shib2idp.ntu.ac.uk/cas/login ??
I won't let me log on and this it what you need to go on to book tomorrow :s

I've had this problem today. I only made Trent my firm yesterday so apparently you have to wait 24hrs before you can log in and yet your password to book your accommodation!
Have you booked anything yet :smile:
Reply 69
Booked Gill Street South 3rd floor room J2204 :smile: woo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Im moving to notts from glasgow to student law at trent is anyone else going to do the same course?
Reply 71
Anyone thinking Gill Street? I wanna be where theres going to be a lot of social stuff going and a lively area in general?
Reply 72
Original post by Chris1494
Anyone thinking Gill Street? I wanna be where theres going to be a lot of social stuff going and a lively area in general?

I've booked Gill Street! Block F, 3rd Floor, Flat 8 :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who's chosen Gill Street?
Reply 74
Original post by Stephanie940
Who's chosen Gill Street?

I have! Have you already booked? I'm in flat 8, F Block, 3rd floor :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
I think im going Gill street to be fair, as long as i have decent roommates should be a blast! Freshers is going to be messy haha!
Hi,

I'm new here but just had a read through and have noticed no-one has signed up for where I'll be living :frown: I found a cool place in town called Castle Gate and signed up through Uni2. If anyone else has signed up then let me know, I'm in Studio 4 :smile:....
Original post by Jessica_Whiting
Hi,

I'm new here but just had a read through and have noticed no-one has signed up for where I'll be living :frown: I found a cool place in town called Castle Gate and signed up through Uni2. If anyone else has signed up then let me know, I'm in Studio 4 :smile:....

Most people, if they can, will go for UNi provided accommodation for the first year to have the best freshers. However some private halls have student reps, so they are usually good as well, not sure about castle gate though :/.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bexmorgan
I have! Have you already booked? I'm in flat 8, F Block, 3rd floor :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not yet,I've got to wait longer till I can book which sucks :/
Original post by JoshAdesina
Most people, if they can, will go for UNi provided accommodation for the first year to have the best freshers. However some private halls have student reps, so they are usually good as well, not sure about castle gate though :/.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks JoshAdesina, I went to look around the halls and none were as high quality as the Uni 2 Towers at Castle Gate and so I decided to go for it :smile: It's defo worth looking into for next year though :smile: if you google Uni2 it's all on there! Which course are you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending