The Student Room Group

Music exams... help!

Im gonna do my garde 4 piano exam in june - july... this is my first time of doing a music exam so im not sure about much.

I know the examination period is from 14th june - 17th july, but i have my exams until 1st of july, and my D of E walk from 3 - 5 th so i can only do it on the 12 - 17th of july, I know u can set a preferred time but the exam board dont have to go by it, so im a bit comfused?
I live in Cardiff and can actually go to any centre within 60 miles (e.g. Bristol) so this should help in getting the time more flexable, rite??

Has any1 had some experiance with this?? Do they normally go by the times u preferr? When do they contact u with the time they set? And if they set a wrong time (e.g. during the exam period) can u contact them to changed it? And on the form it only has 1 centre place u can fill in... what if u want to tell them u can go to other centres too?

Thanx V much!

Zh
Reply 1
Well, I have always done my music exams with school, so I don't really know the rules for if you're entering independently. If they set you an inconvenient date, you can probably request to change it, if you do it quickly, state when you are available and try to be as helpful as possible. I don't know how much they'll be able to do though. If you want to let them know about the problems with dates/the fact you can go to more than one centre, put a covering letter in with the form.
Sadly they don't tell you the exact time/date for your exam until about 2 or 3 weeks beforehand, maybe 1 week at times. So the best thing to do would be to ring them up straight away to tell them the periods in which you wont be able to take the exam. Ive done piano grades up to 7 so far and yea annoyinly they seem to always be at inconvenient times! Im sure it'll be alright if you explain your situation, coz they cant be that unreasonable
Reply 3
my mum (bless) managed to get the very last date for the july exams, because i had a-levels etc. They say they don't have to take your preference, but I think they will usually, as long as they can.
Reply 4
DanMushMan
my mum (bless) managed to get the very last date for the july exams, because i had a-levels etc. They say they don't have to take your preference, but I think they will usually, as long as they can.

how did she mangage to do that?? Dont they jus give u the dates 2 - 3 weeks before the exams??
just phone them up and explain. They will understand.

MB
Reply 6
bOdOING2
how did she mangage to do that?? Dont they jus give u the dates 2 - 3 weeks before the exams??

yeh, it wasn't 100% til they confirmed, but they had said they would try etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending