HAThomson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
So tomorrow I have a mock in prep for my Lit exam this January. The basis of our exam is relationships and I'm studying Tess of the d'Urbervilles, Captain Corelli's Mandolin and Emergency Kit (Poetry).

I can confidently recognise relationships and compare them across the texts, but my issue is I don't know how to analyse them. I don't know how to incorporate themes, setting and the like.

Can anyone give me any advice or help? It would be greatly appreciated.
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, the best thing to do is arm yourself with quotes from the texts, which reveal something about the pieces. Try to think of how each story would change if you placed the scene in your bedroom, and that might let you work out how much setting effects the story
puella_optima
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HAThomson)
So tomorrow I have a mock in prep for my Lit exam this January. The basis of our exam is relationships and I'm studying Tess of the d'Urbervilles, Captain Corelli's Mandolin and Emergency Kit (Poetry).

I can confidently recognise relationships and compare them across the texts, but my issue is I don't know how to analyse them. I don't know how to incorporate themes, setting and the like.

Can anyone give me any advice or help? It would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, just saw this post, I'm currently in my A2 year. What did you and your classmates, and teacher, make of the poetry...?

It's quite, um, well, you know!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.69%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.59%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.9%
I need help with my personal statement (58)
40.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25.17%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.1%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.99%

Watched Threads