Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok obviously school aged people and thier families generally don't have a problem with girls having older boyfriends. am i right? my little sister is 15 and one of her friends who recently turned 15 had been dating a guy for about a year who's 21, it's fine to everybody, her mother doesn't even care that they have sex. a guy who was above me in school has just returned to school aged 22 to start year 11, his girlfriend of course being 75% of the reason he returned, shes 14, no problem again.
    so obviously this is fine, so let me ask what is the big deal with older girls having younger boyfriends, i mean when your at school everyone thinks your sad, desperate cant get someone your age, and when you get older it's seen as some sort of midlife crisis, a fling to make you look younger, but honestly is it any different, an 18 yr old wanting to date a guy a year and a half younger than her would be so offensive to everyone, but why, the few years should not make a difference. i mean if it were like 12 or something then yeh it'd raise some eyebrows.
    any thoughts from the forum?

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't complain if i had an older girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    i wouldn't complain if i had an older girlfriend

the question is how much older 10?20?30?40?50?60?70?

ReputationRep:
    Age surely would not make any difference? Especially with the 2-3 year old age gap. I had expected it would be more in the region of 20+.

The Male-female factor, doesn't bother me. You can't expect 2 people to be born on exactly the same time and fall in love.

Hows Sire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    say two years as one example, 13 years as another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snow_white)
    say two years as one example, 13 years as another.
    and 40 years as another

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Age surely would not make any difference? Especially with the 2-3 year old age gap. I had expected it would be more in the region of 20+.

The Male-female factor, doesn't bother me. You can't expect 2 people to be born on exactly the same time and fall in love.

Hows Sire?
    he's good, he's back home for a couple of months due to personal reasons. it's good having him back, i can actually see him. he seemed to be fitting into the uni scene quite well though, oh well he'll be back there soon.

ReputationRep:
    it shouldn't really matter at the end of the day because it's down to the couple themselves - love is something you can't control, it just happens and when it does you'll do anything to stay together and when you've got something like that and in a happy lovign relationship who is anyone else to comment on it?

ReputationRep:
    and 40 years as another
    i think a gap of 40 woman or man being older is too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    it shouldn't really matter at the end of the day because it's down to the couple themselves - love is something you can't control, it just happens and when it does you'll do anything to stay together and when you've got something like that and in a happy lovign relationship who is anyone else to comment on it?
    that is soooo sweet, and true.

ReputationRep:
    well i'm 18 and i wouldn't say no to a hot 28 year old, or 38 for that matter

ReputationRep:
    well i'm 18 and i wouldn't say no to a 58 year old for that matter
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    lol, well done

how hot is this 58 year old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    that was beautiful

ReputationRep:
    lol, well done

how hot is this 58 year old
    whats this about a 58yr old? what are u pair up to?

ReputationRep:
    that was shite
    i think its quite beautiful imo

ReputationRep:
    personaly i like my men older
    that's great

ReputationRep:
    Toy boys all the way I say..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snow_white)
    ok obviously school aged people and thier families generally don't have a problem with girls having older boyfriends. am i right? my little sister is 15 and one of her friends who recently turned 15 had been dating a guy for about a year who's 21, it's fine to everybody, her mother doesn't even care that they have sex. a guy who was above me in school has just returned to school aged 22 to start year 11, his girlfriend of course being 75% of the reason he returned, shes 14, no problem again.
    so obviously this is fine, so let me ask what is the big deal with older girls having younger boyfriends, i mean when your at school everyone thinks your sad, desperate cant get someone your age, and when you get older it's seen as some sort of midlife crisis, a fling to make you look younger, but honestly is it any different, an 18 yr old wanting to date a guy a year and a half younger than her would be so offensive to everyone, but why, the few years should not make a difference. i mean if it were like 12 or something then yeh it'd raise some eyebrows.
    any thoughts from the forum?

i agree wit u, da guy im cin iz 21 n im 16 buh ppl tink it wud wrong if it woz da otha way round n i dnt c y!!

ReputationRep:
    i don't have a problem with it- i am older than my boyfriend by 1.5 years (2 school years) we got together when he was in year 9 and i was in year 11 (he was 14 and i was 15) and we are still together now, 4 years down the line!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.