The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Nursing interview at London South Bank University

Scroll to see replies

aww that's a shame, but kings are really competitive ...cool, I applied to city kings and Middlesex but got a rejection from Greenwich..
London
Hey..after u guys did the mendas test how long did it take for lsbu to reply.Still waiting!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just over a week for me, one of my friends failed the test so she got an email from ucas asking her to check track...which nursing r u doing?
I have applied for childrens nursing. What about you? Is southbank ur first choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just checked my email ....got an interview/test day in January !! So I wonder if its only test or with interview ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
im applying for adult nursing, I heard that the situations for child nursing are harder than adult nursing...I hope to go to southbank...I heard from other people in this chat that its a test day and also interview on the same day if we do well in the test...
I hope to go to south bank too. On the lsbu web it says test day and interview are on different days.Im confused now !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is the university even respected?
Original post by sparkleboo
I hope to go to south bank too. On the lsbu web it says test day and interview are on different days.Im confused now !

Posted from TSR Mobile

you r right, i saw that too, but as my interview is tomorrow, ill let u know what they do on the day...
Yeah that would be helpful thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Queen_Victoria
Is the university even respected?

well it is one of London's leading unis for graduate employment, and i think employability is the main thing that should be considered rather than the ranking of the uni.
Original post by blue diamond
well it is one of London's leading unis for graduate employment, and i think employability is the main thing that should be considered rather than the ranking of the uni.

You're right. I checked The top 12 in the UK and Cambridge came 7th. Behind Cardiff Metropolitan University.
Sparkleboo..i had the interview thing today, it was only a numeracy and literacy test, very basic questions, no calculators allowed, questions r on number, one of ratio and a few on fractions, literacy test is split into two parts, one is comprehension where u r given an article and u give answers related to it and other part is essay writing, they ask u a question and u write about a page..
Blue Diamond ooh it doesnt sound hard thanks for telling me.whats the essay about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sparkleboo
Blue Diamond ooh it doesnt sound hard thanks for telling me.whats the essay about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was, why do u think the number of cases of obesity is increasing in the u.k. Population
Reply 55
LSB is officially the worst uni ever, sorry
Yeah i guess u r right in some ways, i heard that it isn't a good uni fot academic subjects buy ive heard that it is good for nursing.
Hi guys!
For you guys asking, I am in my first year of Adult Nursing and I started this september. and the interview and test was on the same day. I don't really know if it's different for you guys but definitely call the university up. They should be able to help. For you guys asking about the essay for me the essay was about obesity, be prepared, do some research on the NHS, not too much research like don't kill yourself over it! LOL but the maths test is very basic, adding, subtraction, division, some fractions. There are worded questions so BEWARE and read carefully! Also regards to the interview you will be interviewed by 2 people, i was nervous but be confident, be yourself and just talk and answer the questions like you're having a normal conversation and you should be fine! Smile and be out going! the worst is when you're shaking and being quiet. Expand on your answers and answer them with confidence! That is the key! and Also the diversity question... i thought hard on this very HARD and just explain the different genders, religions, disabilities etc.
For example on religions - some religions people for example a muslim female may request a female nurse because they would not feel comfortable if a male nurse was to examine or care for them. We need to respect their choices and this is important for the Muslim females dignity as we would not want to take their dignity and respect from them.
Also dress smart/casual. Maybe a blazer and jeans, blouse and jeans with nice shoes not trainers/converse/vans etc!!!
HOPE THIS HAS HELPED!
All the best of luck people! YOU CAN DO ITTT!
Thanks for ur advice on the interview part, i had a test day yesterday which is on a different day to the interview..r u studying at the Havering campus?
i had a question on obesity, very easy, could expand on it a lot as it required u to give opinions of why u thought the number of cases of obesity r increasing in the u.k. Population
Original post by eela
Hey I got an interview on thursday as well in LSBU. Read all the tips here and think positive, you are gonna be fine :smile: good luck and maybe i'll see you there

how did u find the test day yesterday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending