Which newspaper do you read?Watch
I just wanted to know what newspapers people read and why. Apologies if I've missed any out.
The Daily Mail,only to get riled up at the backwards journalists and people who comment on the articles.
1. UKIP should be voted in, the UK should get out of the EU and immigration should be stopped.
2. Gay people shouldn't marry.
3. We should bring back the death penalty.
4. A-Levels nowadays are easier than O-Levels when they did them and our "lost generation" will ruin Britain.
Which weekly newspaper would you recommend to someone who ...
1. Considers himself to be centrist/liberal but occasionally oscillates more to the right/left on certain issues
2. Therefore values a newspaper which offers different views on issues, for example in the form of several pro and contra articles
3. Loves lengthy, in-depth analysis and reports, especially on foreign affairs
Back in Germany I had a subscription of DIE ZEIT (The Times) which Wikipedia describes like this:
"The paper is considered to be highbrow. Its political direction is centrist and liberal, but has oscillated a number of times between slightly left-leaning and slightly right-leaning. Die Zeit often publishes dossiers, essays, third-party articles and excerpts of lectures of different authors emphasising their points of view on a single aspect or topic in one or in consecutive issues. It is known for its very large physical paper format (Nordisch) and its long and detailed articles."
So ... any recommendations?