The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Bath Spa Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charlotte.e.r
You won't be invited to apply for accommodation at Bath Spa unless it is your firm choice :smile:

At all?? Poop! Is there any kind of way I can get into the university accommodation then? I've looked at some other halls, and they're all full!
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Reply 81
Original post by RatherJollyCheers
At all?? Poop! Is there any kind of way I can get into the university accommodation then? I've looked at some other halls, and they're all full!

If it's your insurance then you should be able to apply after results day if you don't get your firm
Greetings from hot and humid Florida!
I've just received a request for an interview on the 11th. SO NERVOUS! It's by telephone so fingers crossed there won't be any issues with reception... Anyways, I am curious if any of you asked questions about housing, scholarships, or any other "only concerns you if you're accepted" kinds of things. I want to ask about them during my interview but am worried it might come across as me being a bit presumptuous. As if Americans don't already have a reputation of being rather cocky...
Is anyone here a going for a postgraduate degree? Gosh I feel old...

Original post by olivestay
If it's your insurance then you should be able to apply after results day if you don't get your firm

Ah ok, that's inspiriation to get my Firm choice then haha!

Thanks for the info! Good Luck to you!
Reply 84
Original post by RatherJollyCheers
Ah ok, that's inspiriation to get my Firm choice then haha!

Thanks for the info! Good Luck to you!

It's no problem, and good luck to you too!
Reply 85
Original post by misschris89
Greetings from hot and humid Florida!
I've just received a request for an interview on the 11th. SO NERVOUS! It's by telephone so fingers crossed there won't be any issues with reception... Anyways, I am curious if any of you asked questions about housing, scholarships, or any other "only concerns you if you're accepted" kinds of things. I want to ask about them during my interview but am worried it might come across as me being a bit presumptuous. As if Americans don't already have a reputation of being rather cocky...
Is anyone here a going for a postgraduate degree? Gosh I feel old...

I don't think asking questions like that will make you come across as cocky. It might actually be good as it shows you're really considering taking up a place if it's offered to you :smile: Either way, if you have any questions it's better to ask them than struggle without, and I'm pretty sure it won't count against you in an interview. Good luck!
Very, very true! Thank you for your excellent advice!
Oh! How are prices over in that area? Everyone says that the UK is an expensive place to live (I feel like they say that about most places) and I know Bath is kind of a tourist town so they might have higher prices than most.
I just got back from living in Japan and the prices for produce over there were beyond ridiculous. Please oh please tell me you can buy grapes and melons for less than 100 USD (about 66 GBP I think?).
Reply 87
Original post by misschris89
Very, very true! Thank you for your excellent advice!
Oh! How are prices over in that area? Everyone says that the UK is an expensive place to live (I feel like they say that about most places) and I know Bath is kind of a tourist town so they might have higher prices than most.
I just got back from living in Japan and the prices for produce over there were beyond ridiculous. Please oh please tell me you can buy grapes and melons for less than 100 USD (about 66 GBP I think?).

Well it depends how much grapes and melons you want XD
I'm pretty sure you can get around 500g of grapes and a melon for less than £10 though, even in Bath. Probably less than £5 :biggrin: Bath IS quite expensive to live in for the UK though.
Bath is a cheaper place to live than other places in the UK.
I live in a place called Farnborough, which is about 30 minutes away from London on a train. The prices here are beyond ridiculous.
Bath is quite affordable in comparison.
Good! It's nice to know I won't have to survive off of ramen if I get in, haha. The rate of exchange for USD to ANYTHING else is not so good right now. Other than maybe rupees or Vietnamese dong...
Thank you!
Reply 90
Going to the open lecture day tomorrow for Media Communication :smile:! Anyone else going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone going to the open day on March 26th?
Got my results back!
They weren't BRILLIANT, but I think they're good enough for me to firm it!
Just need to talk to someone first so I'm not being stupid.

I worked out that if I keep going the way I'm going, I can get about 420 points (Because I have quite a few subjects that contribute, not because of amazing grades) and since I only need 320 with a B in psychology (Currently on an A) it seems good to go!
Reply 93
Original post by beccagood95
Got my results back!
They weren't BRILLIANT, but I think they're good enough for me to firm it!
Just need to talk to someone first so I'm not being stupid.

I worked out that if I keep going the way I'm going, I can get about 420 points (Because I have quite a few subjects that contribute, not because of amazing grades) and since I only need 320 with a B in psychology (Currently on an A) it seems good to go!

Congratulations! :biggrin: And good luck! Looking forward to seeing you at Bath Spa :biggrin:
Just firmed Bath Spa, had my heart set on it from the moment I wanted to go to uni :smile: Just have to see out my qualification which should be very easy, REALLY excited to study at such a beautiful place.
Reply 95
Original post by JosephStudent
Just firmed Bath Spa, had my heart set on it from the moment I wanted to go to uni :smile: Just have to see out my qualification which should be very easy, REALLY excited to study at such a beautiful place.

Good luck! What are you hoping to study? :smile:
Reply 96
I had an interview on Monday and got a conditional offer the day after woo! Only thing is 3 other unis haven't replied back to me yet but I know I really want to go bath spa! Can I still choose it as my firm choice? Any help would be great thanks x
Reply 97
Original post by ecrosby
I had an interview on Monday and got a conditional offer the day after woo! Only thing is 3 other unis haven't replied back to me yet but I know I really want to go bath spa! Can I still choose it as my firm choice? Any help would be great thanks x

All you can do is withdraw from the other universities which will allow you to accept Bath Spa as your firm, but you won't be able to get a response from the other universities or choose any if them as your insurance.
Original post by olivestay
Good luck! What are you hoping to study? :smile:

I'm going to be studying Business and Management, I believe the course code is NN12 :smile: you?
Reply 99
Original post by JosephStudent
I'm going to be studying Business and Management, I believe the course code is NN12 :smile: you?

Art and Creative writing :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending