24DJF
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Who's sitting this in Jan? Anyone fancy giving revision tips for this exam? :-)
Rubyx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 24DJF)
Who's sitting this in Jan? Anyone fancy giving revision tips for this exam? :-)
Hey, I'm doing this exam! Do you know the structure for the essay questions I have no idea and I'm really struggling
24DJF
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Rubyx)
Hey, I'm doing this exam! Do you know the structure for the essay questions I have no idea and I'm really struggling
Introduction
Balanced analysis & possibly a diagram
Balanced evaluation and limitations
Final one line judgement.
smithstefan1995
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Cannot wait for this exam to be over! The Macro side is so much more interesting!
Rubyx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Any tips on the Market Failure essays guys? I'm resitting the first Micro paper
SP1194
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Cost Benefit Analysis and COBA are different things aren't they, and their advantages/disadv are different right?
What do you guys think the data response (section A) be on? I'm hoping its not on the last chapter, there's hardly any Qs for us to practice on!
anna__
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can say that I 100% hate hate hate transport economics and I haven't even sat the exam yet
Krishii
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is anyone ready?
im7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by anna__)
I can say that I 100% hate hate hate transport economics and I haven't even sat the exam yet
That sums up exactly how I am feeling!
anna__
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by im7)
That sums up exactly how I am feeling!
I'm pretty sure that it's the worst topic that there is, everything about it is so nasty.
im7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm pretty sure that it's the worst topic that there is, everything about it is so nasty.
Personally I don't mind market structures but everything else is really boring
Is this your last exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
anna__
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by im7)
Personally I don't mind market structures but everything else is really boring
Is this your last exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I just get bored.. and I don't like freight or CBA.
Noo! My exams have been awful - I took my German retake a week and a half ago, then General Studies last week and over Tuesday and Wednesday I have economics, geography and general studies.. kill me now :|
What about you?
Cinglis95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went to Collin Bamford's talk at Huddersfield uni in septemberish as my teacher said it would give us an idea about what would be in Section B. So in light of his talk I think that there will definitely be a question on 'Discuss to which extent we should expand air/rail industry' (He talked a lot about HS2 and a 3rd runway at Heathrow so both are equally likely). But my teacher thinks the question will encompass indirect taxation in the form of APD or something and also the sustainability side of things. Really struggling to revise for this topic though, there's next to no revision help on the internet for this unit!
Cinglis95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SP1194)
Cost Benefit Analysis and COBA are different things aren't they, and their advantages/disadv are different right?
What do you guys think the data response (section A) be on? I'm hoping its not on the last chapter, there's hardly any Qs for us to practice on!
What's the difference between them? I have no idea what section A will be on, what was the last chapter again?
im7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Same, I just get bored.. and I don't like freight or CBA.
Noo! My exams have been awful - I took my German retake a week and a half ago, then General Studies last week and over Tuesday and Wednesday I have economics, geography and general studies.. kill me now :|
What about you?
Economics is my last exam - I've had biology and chemistry which have gone allright, so hoping this exam is pretty good!
SP1194
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cinglis95)
I went to Collin Bamford's talk at Huddersfield uni in septemberish as my teacher said it would give us an idea about what would be in Section B. So in light of his talk I think that there will definitely be a question on 'Discuss to which extent we should expand air/rail industry' (He talked a lot about HS2 and a 3rd runway at Heathrow so both are equally likely). But my teacher thinks the question will encompass indirect taxation in the form of APD or something and also the sustainability side of things. Really struggling to revise for this topic though, there's next to no revision help on the internet for this unit!
Wow thats amazing! So the airline/rail Q will be linked with sustainability?
I hate everything on the last chapter! The 3 Qs are usually based upon the individual chapters arent they?
Do you have any idea what section A will be on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SP1194
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What's the difference between them? I have no idea what section A will be on, what was the last chapter again?
CBA is a decision making tool which uses the social benefits and costs to work out the net present value
And COBA is the model thats used in CBA, I THINK!
Last chapter is on the integrated policy and sustainable transport and that kind of stuff
I just dont want it to be on the CBA, COBA and sustainable transport stuff, my teacher didnt even teach to my class properly, she just skimmed over it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cinglis95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow thats amazing! So the airline/rail Q will be linked with sustainability?
I hate everything on the last chapter! The 3 Qs are usually based upon the individual chapters arent they?
Do you have any idea what section A will be on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it will be, it makes sense because the questions are usually quite long and badly worded haha. I have absolutely no idea what section A is on. I think the only thing we can rule out is whatever was asked in the last sitting of this exam.
Cinglis95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
CBA is a decision making tool which uses the social benefits and costs to work out the net present value
And COBA is the model thats used in CBA, I THINK!
Last chapter is on the integrated policy and sustainable transport and that kind of stuff
I just dont want it to be on the CBA, COBA and sustainable transport stuff, my teacher didnt even teach to my class properly, she just skimmed over it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohh okay, I get it. I'm definitely going to have to do some revision on that today. I'm sure there will be something on sustainability and integration since its the topic most people find hard to write about so they'll want to see just how good we are. Although I'm hoping for a really straightforward section A, like something on negative externalities and how taxing air travel reduces these neg externalities or something
kristajunee
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ohh okay, I get it. I'm definitely going to have to do some revision on that today. I'm sure there will be something on sustainability and integration since its the topic most people find hard to write about so they'll want to see just how good we are. Although I'm hoping for a really straightforward section A, like something on negative externalities and how taxing air travel reduces these neg externalities or something

My study guide says: CBA is a decision making tool which compares the social costs and social benefits of a project in order to calculate net present value and COBA is a computer model used by the DfT to estimate the monetary value of highway improvements. Hope this helps my Economics teacher told me that COBA is basically CBA but just for DfT or road systems or something!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.32%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (87)
28.43%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (116)
37.91%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (40)
13.07%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.27%

Watched Threads