Turn on thread page Beta

Do second years nab all the girls? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Fair enuf girls mature quicker than blokes and seem to go out with older guys more often than not. Is this still happening at uni or are we on a level playing field by then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quinnbrakes)
    Fair enuf girls mature quicker than blokes and seem to go out with older guys more often than not. Is this still happening at uni or are we on a level playing field by then?
    Lol the I have not a clue. I think the general rule is as long as they are female we don't care

ReputationRep:
    I'm going straight for cream of the crop third years when I get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    Lol. You don't stand a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I definitely don't now that some forumite says so.

ReputationRep:
    Men :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I definitely don't now that some forumite says so.

Well, it's less likely to happen! I don't know of any fresher boys going out with 3rd year girls, though there are some the other way round.

Some girls do go out with guys from older years, but I'd say there's less prestige attached to it now (not 100% sure though) than going out with someone a couple of years above you at school.

ReputationRep:
    Most people I know are going out with men in their own year, although there are a few girls going out with people in other years, like me.

Get in line son...

ReputationRep:
    I know first year boys with second year girls, first year girls with third year boys, and most other combinations.

I have to be honest, when I meet new people in a social environment it tends not to come out for a while which year we are in anyway. Maybe we are just enlightened in Manchester...

ReputationRep:
    I certainly don't think it makes as much difference as it does in schools. Because lots of people have some time out before/after college, and some people skip years, and a couple of years between say 19/21 make much less difference than 13/15. So I don't think the difference is really that noticable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Get in line son...
    Computer Science students... ewwwwww

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.