Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got a high offer from Queen Mary - 340 points from 2004 examinations. Seeing as I dropped critical thinking (due to timetable problems!) this worked out as AAB.
    [FONT=arial]
    I'm predicted AAA, but seeing as I'm taking Psychology in a year I think that getting an A is a bit of a ludicrous aim. and a B, well that's what I am aiming for but thats' what I need for Kings College London (my first choice).

I emailed the relevant admissions tutor on 22nd february. I phoned her (because I wanted an answer!) on the 29th, when she didnt recall GETTING my email. It was in my outbox, so had indeed been sent, and I proceeded to send it again and noted "originally sent 22/02".

I've not had any contact since the 29th and am not sure what step to take next. I've been checking my ucas tracker to see if the 'updated' thing has changed but so far, nothing.

I doubt that they will actually revise the offer. But I do want to know whether they will or not, as I want to accept my firm and insurance (well, once I've visited the english dept at kings next wednesday) and then forget about this ucas business until after the exams. So.. what should I do? Just call them again and ask? Or take a laissez faire approach?!

Please help me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Try re-sending the email and set it to get a read reciept and set the priority to high/urgent.

It might also be worth copying it to [email protected] - ie the big boss, mentioning that this is the 3rd email sent with no reply even after chasing up by phone. (don't worry it's almost certain he wont read the email himself - his PA will screen it for him...it's just enough to give the admissions tutor a kick up the bum)
    Oh wow that sounds a bit .. assertive!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I know - I think I'd try the read reciept/high priority technique first...but for a university that advertises itself on it's friendliness ignoring your emails isn't something that they should be allowed to get away with.
    Exactly!

My email (mail.com) doesnt seem to have a read receipt facility ANYWHERE that I can find.. I have set the priority to high.. would it be appropriate to include a line at the bottom to say i'd appreciate if you could acknowledge receipt of this email?

ReputationRep:
    Excellent That made me feel better - she has already responded saying she got the previous email and forwarded it to the relevant person (though I thought my admissions tutor WAS relevant :rolleyes:) - she said it's a v busy time for them but she hopes to have a response soon.

SO I guess I just wait a little while longer. Hopefully I'll hear by next Thursday though so that I won't officially JUST be waiting for Queen Mary to get of their bums and contact me!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.