The Student Room Group

UK prospective Medical Student wanting to study at Groningen

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jewels_padmore
Not good. I am very busy person and managing this is anything but easy.

I will give it my best shot....

Same... I just finished mock exams at my school as well :/
Anyone in Groningen yet ?
Reply 82
Anyone in Groningen yet ?

Came today! Not positive for tomorrow
be positive Ninaal and give it your best shot. Thats what we will all do. Are you in a hotel or with relatives?
Reply 84
be positive Ninaal and give it your best shot. Thats what we will all do. Are you in a hotel or with relatives?

Trying but it's not working. I am staying in a hotel. What about u?
Are you on the 8 one tomorrow?
Original post by Ninaal
Trying but it's not working. I am staying in a hotel. What about u?
Are you on the 8 one tomorrow?

Yep, the University Hotel... I think I got a cold already... My luck...
My location is about 3 Km away from the test centre. Big mistake, I am on at 8am as well and I am not even finished printing my forms
Reply 87
My location is about 3 Km away from the test centre. Big mistake, I am on at 8am as well and I am not even finished printing my forms

Mine is 8km. I am gonna take a cab. Too anxious to take public transport.
Finish them as early as you can and get some sleep. Its really important!
And if you feel sick, take a painkiller half an hour before u leave.

Believe me u dont have bad luck! I broke my right hand yesterday. There are worse! :smile:
Original post by Ninaal
Mine is 8km. I am gonna take a cab. Too anxious to take public transport.
Finish them as early as you can and get some sleep. Its really important!
And if you feel sick, take a painkiller half an hour before u leave.

Believe me u dont have bad luck! I broke my right hand yesterday. There are worse! :smile:

You will be fine Ninaal... Anyway, In case you see a really tall person of African origin with black Afro hair, there is a good chance that it will be me. See you there. I guess we're doing it for Britain :smile: :colondollar:
do you have any idea what Dutch VWO5 equivalent is?
do you have any idea what Dutch VWO5 equivalent is?

Have you found out yet? I'm stuck on this..
Reply 91
Original post by AlexT<3Groningen
Have you found out yet? I'm stuck on this..

Same :/
Hi guys, not big on Post mortem but did you guys enjoy it?. I am really upset with my non-cognitive test performance. Plus I was plagued by a comedy of errors which I found out later including the fact that I used my students number as my candidate number :frown:. Who comfortably finished the non cognitive test?
Reply 93
Hi guys, not big on Post mortem but did you guys enjoy it?. I am really upset with my non-cognitive test performance. Plus I was plagued by a comedy of errors which I found out later including the fact that I used my students number as my candidate number :frown:. Who comfortably finished the non cognitive test?

Missed the last page (only got the numbers in) and the page or two before that were quite rushed. So a bit annoyed about that.
Cognitive wasn't impossible but I lacked studying due to little time hence stuggled on many questions. An extra week to study and it could have gone really well.
Unlucky about the number issue dont think will be too much of an issue. Im sure they can still you in their system.
But let's see how this has went. I'm sure we have all done well
I wasn't in the greatest of moods for the non cognitive test after I found out about my candidate number fiasco. That is just horrible because that students number is all over my portfolio as well.

I may have spent too much time on the first two essays. That thing requires at least two hours I think but perhaps the whole idea is to monitor speed. I'd say I was fairly comfortable with the Cognitive test. I will have to admit that I already have a Masters degree in Clinical Pharmacology from the University of Aberdeen and hence Immunopharmacological pathways are not exactly new to me.

I am still angry at myself for that number fiasco though.
And I missed the last two as well and didnt really do a good job with the Huber article as I had wanted due to time constraints
Reply 96
I wasn't in the greatest of moods for the non cognitive test after I found out about my candidate number fiasco. That is just horrible because that students number is all over my portfolio as well.

I may have spent too much time on the first two essays. That thing requires at least two hours I think but perhaps the whole idea is to monitor speed. I'd say I was fairly comfortable with the Cognitive test. I will have to admit that I already have a Masters degree in Clinical Pharmacology from the University of Aberdeen and hence Immunopharmacological pathways are not exactly new to me.

I am still angry at myself for that number fiasco though.

Oh that's great. With that much previous knowledge u must have done pretty well in the cognitive. I would think it would pull your overall mark up no matter how u have preformed in the non-cognitive.
To maybe remove doubt and give u ease In mind try calling them about the number issue?

Also do you have any idea when we will found out the results and if we have or have not made the cut off?
Original post by :D'
Oh that's great. With that much previous knowledge u must have done pretty well in the cognitive. I would think it would pull your overall mark up no matter how u have preformed in the non-cognitive.
To maybe remove doubt and give u ease In mind try calling them about the number issue?

Also do you have any idea when we will found out the results and if we have or have not made the cut off?

I just sent an email to them. I googled Michiel Katoele and I think I recognise him as one of the invigilators. I think we will find out by 10th March whether we made it to the second round, or got eliminated.

OMG I didnt realise that there were going to be that many people there.
Reply 98
The exam was ok but I have a feeling that your chances depends heavily on the results of the test and less on your selection portfolio etc.
Original post by Amihum
The exam was ok but I have a feeling that your chances depends heavily on the results of the test and less on your selection portfolio etc.

To be honest, I just hope that I would be called at least for the second selection process in April.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending