The Student Room Group

How easy is AQA Business Studies Unit 1 and 2

I haven't really put much effort into studying these and I am studying me on my own. I am panicking as it feels like I left it too late to revise to get a B and all I have is a revision guide. Making notes seems like a lot of effort for the amount that has to be written on the exam. Does anyone have any advice or ideas? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
okay, the best thing to do is to do past paper by past paper. look at the mark scheme. look at the way the answers are written. time yourself.

just remember past papers, and mark schemes!
the mark schemes help!
good luck
Reply 2
I need help in the unit 1 aqa essay structure someone help me out maayne :frown:
Reply 3
unit 1 is easy, unit 2 is bloody hard and you will be very surpised with the amount of people that get As drops by 80% compared to unit 1
Reply 4
Original post by yaboy
unit 1 is easy, unit 2 is bloody hard and you will be very surpised with the amount of people that get As drops by 80% compared to unit 1

What is hard about unit 2? I still need to revise that?
Reply 5
Original post by jackh001hq
What is hard about unit 2? I still need to revise that?

Timing, getting all the essays in time to a decent quality is very hard
Reply 6
im going to sit unit 1 in jan 2013... It would be helpful if you guys could share how to structure answers for the longer questions and how to keep motivated to revise because i agree it gets pretty boring.... :biggrin:
I do accelerated business studies in 90 minutes worth of lesson time a week, im an A2 student so we do Unit 1 and 2 in jan, its so easy -.- should be getting 90% upwards in both exams hopefully :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by smithstefan1995
I do accelerated business studies in 90 minutes worth of lesson time a week, im an A2 student so we do Unit 1 and 2 in jan, its so easy -.- should be getting 90% upwards in both exams hopefully :smile:

What is your strategy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is your strategy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For what revision?
Reply 10
Original post by smithstefan1995
For what revision?

Yes and what books did you use?
I know a few who did business and they were fine with little revision averaged a B! I'm sure you will be fine if you revise well - try not to worry though you will be fine!
Yes and what books did you use?

I don't use any books for it we get brief handouts on it and use that, I got an A at AS economics last year and we just use economics in our answers and get like 90%-100% in the mocks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 13
Everyone has said BUSS1 is a lot easier than BUSS2, it's true when you look at it, but for me it wasn't.

I got a D in Unit 1 and an A in Unit 2 and came out with a B overall. The A I got was such a high A it was not far off full marks.

I'm retaking Unit 1 this January hoping to bump it from a D to an A.

The reason I probably failed it was due to it being my first AS exam and having no idea what was going on and started to panic.

My advice for you for Unit 1 is to APPLY APPLY APPLY. Your knowledge is with the definitions at the start of the answers and you just need to make a point and then simply apply it back to the case study, but the application must be relevant to the question and the point your making.

Goodluck, I have 5 exams in January and 2 of them being retakes to bump up my grade.
Unit 1 is very similar to GCSE Business. Unit 2 builds on Unit 1 and you are more pushed for time. Don't be complacent though. A basic structure for a 15 mark question (applicable to Unit 1 and 2) is this. 1) Define key term 2) Reason 1 (or adv)+5 links of analysis, 'this leads to' etc etc. 3) Reason 2 (or disadv) + 5 links of analysis. 4) Evaluation: 'It depends on...', how strong is the factor? and then your judgement? :smile:
Any good sites for business revision?
Reply 16
CAN SOMEONE PLEASSEEE POST THE May 2012 BUSS1 exam paper ASAP! THANK YOU IN ADVANCEEE :biggrin:
Reply 17
does anyone have the may 2012 buss1 paper???!
Original post by hazemradii
does anyone have the may 2012 buss1 paper???!

Cant you get it off the website?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seriously John, Its easy when you know the right stuff :biggrin: i sat the exam on thursday the 10th, the basics you need to revise is; E-commerce, Job enlargment, Job enrichment, People in business and things like working out profit. The profit question in the paper is stupidly easy, just addition subtraction and multiplication. Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending