Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    under 16 dont smoke tried it didnt like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KizzieB)
    i love a ciggy in the morning with a lovely brew mmmmmmmm
    hey life is short and u dont know if a buss will mow u down tomoz so live your life and do wot u love to do best even if its bunji-jumping without the rope
    Life's even shorter when you smoke.

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is disgusting and smells awful. It's really annoying when you're in town or somewhere and someone is standing next to you blowing smoke in your face :mad:

And btw Daveo, you spell it 'ridiculous' lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Smoking is disgusting and smells awful. It's really annoying when you're in town or somewhere and someone is standing next to you blowing smoke in your face :mad:

And btw Daveo, you spell it 'ridiculous' lol!
    Thanks cate.

The result of this poll is not indicative of the statistics I learnt as a medical student.

ReputationRep:
    I've smoked in the past. Briefly at school and then the odd smoking session all through uni especially around exams but it only makes you unfit and really not sensible now I have asthma and i wasnt addicted so I just didnt buy another packet. I feel better for it. I would never have smoked in public anyway. It really annoys me when people smoke in pubs and bars.

ReputationRep:
    i somke wish i could stop but i cant i started at 16, 19 now and ive tried but i cant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Kind of. I smoke socially when I'm out drinking, but only if I'm with other people who are smoking, my non-smoking friends disapprove. Or when I'm incredibly stressed, like when my house was burgled!
    Me too, apart from the Burgled bit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyboo)
    i somke wish i could stop but i cant i started at 16, 19 now and ive tried but i cant!
    Sure you can its all a matter of will power. My dads mate started when he was 12 and gave up in his 40s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowball)
    same as me, only when i am drunk and with friends who smoke. It is difficult to resist.
    Just imagine what it's doing to your lungs, and think what it would be like to die of cancer.

ReputationRep:
    went through a phase of smoking when goin out to pubs/clubs. sometimes its something to do i found. however after going through about a pack of 20 marlboros and blowing tar and black gunk out of my noise the following morning and sounding like **** i knew it was pointless. i will have baccy in a spliff now and again but thats all.

i actually smoked a cigar before i tried cigarettes

oh and smoking does actually look cool, sorry folks but it does

ReputationRep:
    i only smoke after sex

my doctor says i should slow down and use a lubricant

*sigh* :P

ReputationRep:
    I am very lucky all my friends don't smoke. I've never smoked thankfully, I just think its pointless.

I hate public smoking more than anything, my grandad used to smoke but he never smoked in public and he always went outside if we wanted a faq. He stopped smoking ten years ago but he has so many health problems now due to his smoking.

ReputationRep:
    i smoke started before i was 16 and got into it cus of the stress at skool cus of exams etc
    and there is nothing wrong wit smoking in bars and clubs AS long as there are areas provided for non smokers or people can only smoke in certain pubs and bars but its 6 of 1 half dozen of the other because why shouldent i be able to smoke when i am out just because you dont like it its not fair no matter which way you look at it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    went through a phase of smoking when goin out to pubs/clubs. sometimes its something to do i found. however after going through about a pack of 20 marlboros and blowing tar and black gunk out of my noise the following morning and sounding like **** i knew it was pointless. i will have baccy in a spliff now and again but thats all.

i actually smoked a cigar before i tried cigarettes

oh and smoking does actually look cool, sorry folks but it does
    Are you joking? Men who smoke look so retarded...they might as well be smoking a penis - it would look cooler. Girls smoking doesnt look that bad. But anyone smoking really doesnt look cool.

ReputationRep:
    well more people are non-smokers

majority rules

we win!!!

haha!

ReputationRep:
    smoked twice- both times it tasted foul. dont think I will try it again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    well more people are non-smokers

majority rules

we win!!!

haha!

Yeh but im a psycopath and id like to see you stop all those nicotine crazed people when you all eventually bann smoking it will be funny i recon crime levels will rise by around 300%

ReputationRep:
    right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    The result of this poll is not indicative of the statistics I learnt as a medical student.
    Yeah, but that's probably because the people that use this forum aren't entirely representative of the majority of the population. We are mostly the more intelligent ones

ReputationRep:
    no one appreciated my terrible joke

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.