The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 1
Erm... I don't think you should be basing your University choice on what Fresher's Week will be like, but anyway...

It's pretty good at RHUL. You get there Saturday (it might have been Sunday... in fact I think it was), meet people on your corridor and then have a Lasagne dinner... it's nice and rubbery, but the horrid taste is a nice ice breaker for conversations. :P I spent the first evening on a mini pub crawl to Egham.

Monday-Friday daytime is spent queuing! It's so much fun!

</sarcasm>

... but yeah, it's pretty much waiting in line, talking to random people and registering for courses etc. There's also 5-a-side footie tournaments, BBQs and other fun things too.

Monday night is Fresher's-only night, and was amazing. It was packed, and everyone got plastered and had a good time.

Tuesday is "All Together Now", which is open to all years... it's even crazier than Fresher's night.

The rest of the ents in the first week entail things like "Stevie Starr Regurgitator!" etc. It's pretty crazy.

I'd brush up on your drinking games before you all turn up, it's good to know a few before you turn up. You get to know people much better when drunk.

I vote for Ring of Fire, btw. It's a great game to play.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Fresher's week is awesome at RHUL!!! Defiantly a reason to choose it if you can't make your mind up otherwise. Sooo many things to do/try/drink.
Reply 3
k thanks for the info! sounds fun! i realise i definitely shouldn't be basing my decision on the freshers week but i'm trying to get a list of the best things about each uni!
Reply 4
anna_tucker
Fresher's week is awesome at RHUL!!! Defiantly a reason to choose it if you can't make your mind up otherwise. Sooo many things to do/try/drink.

*Puts RHUL as firm first choice* :wink:
And I thought I couldnt get more excited :biggrin:
Reply 6
You lot are all messing with my already confused mind! Im just too excited !
Rivey

I'd brush up on your drinking games before you all turn up

Now theres something to be practising over that long summer holiday.:biggrin:
Reply 8
Precisely.

Latest

Trending

Trending