Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im doing my maths cwk at the moment on mayfield high school, ive got as far as sampling my data and drawing a graph. how do you incorporate standard deviation in the cwk and what is box plots? please help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sally2004)
    Im doing my maths cwk at the moment on mayfield high school, ive got as far as sampling my data and drawBing a graph. how do you incorporate standard deviation in the cwk and what is box plots? please help!

1) standard deviation
    u can u that, to see how the results i.e. heights deviate(spread) away from the mean height . and if ur using results, u can see if either of the sexes results are more reliable, the futher apart the results from the means the less reliable they are.

2)Box and whisker plots (box plots)
    these are the IQR but taken from the graph and put onto a a more informative diagaram, it also shows the lowest and the heighest marks

i aslo found a site about box and whisker plots that might help u out
    (i hope)

Box and whisker plots

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.