Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    YES we can! People that poach have to face consequences if caught. If people hunted illegaly they would have to face consequences. I think the odd person might spot a hunt going on.

Hunts where I live are mostly on private land in the middle of nowhere, so no they wouldnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    haha probably!! theyre fast, crafty little animals..
    They are. I don't like them very much. They walk down my road, come in to my garden, dig my dead cat up, leave a mess in my garden which my dog likes to roll in and eat my dogs bones that he buries.

ReputationRep:
    haha probably!! theyre fast, crafty little animals..

They are indeed. A very small percentage of hunts end in a kill. Although the kill rate for cattle reared for meat is rougby er 100%. Strange that isnt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    They are. I don't like them very much. They walk down my road, come in to my garden, dig my dead cat up, leave a mess in my garden which my dog likes to roll in and eat my dogs bones that he buries.
    They are alos a major nusicence to farmers. Where I live farmers allow people to hunt on their land to keep their numbers down. The farmers actively encourage hunting on their land. In my eyes, what you do on your own land is your business, not anybody elses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    They are alos a major nusicence to farmers. Where I live farmers allow people to hunt on their land to keep their numbers down. The farmers actively encourage hunting on their land. In my eyes, what you do on your own land is your business, not anybody elses.
    True true. If a burgular was in my house, I'd want to kill it...

bleh, I'm not sure what I think about this... and I don't feel comfortable discussing it either. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    There's no point in continuing this thread. You people have such stupid arguments. I suppose you also think bull fightings a big jolly as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    There's no point in continuing this thread. You people have such stupid arguments. I suppose you also think bull fightings a big jolly as well!
    Cat fighting is really fun to watch. I set my cats and other cats onto each other on purpose... it's so fun because they get so angry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    Bull fighting is for entertainment. Fox hunting actually serves a practical purpose - keeping fox numbers down!!!! You don't seem to have read/understood the other side of the argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Bull fighting is for entertainment. Fox hunting actually serves a practical purpose - keeping fox numbers down!!!! You don't seem to have read/understood the other side of the argument.
    We are getting over populated, maybe we should kill off a few humans?

ReputationRep:
    Euurgh no (puts tongue in cheek and slaps it)! I do perfectly understand the other side of the argument. Fox's are pests and there numbers need to be controled. I personaly feel that hunting isn't the way to do this and to call it a sport is wrong. It's you that didn't understand my post, I was saying people that enjoy fox hunting also probably enjoy bull fighting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    It's not about class envy at all.
    Then why the obsession with fox hunting on horses? There are quite a few foot hunts, but no-one seems bothered about that. Hunting, said Jorrocks, is "the image of war with none of its guilt and only five-and-twenty per cent of its danger". Hunters at least risk their lives and die in their sport.
    's about the people that have enough of a conscience to think about how much fear and stress the fox must go through while it's being chased and being ripped apart by dogs.
    IHow much fear and stress do other animals go through when foxes chase and kill them? Many other sports involve fear and stress, so perhaps mountaineering should be banned for the fear and stress it puts on mountaineers.
    Anyone who sees this as a sport is sick! Infact I rememeber seeing a documentary on it where the lead huntsman spotted a fox cub in it's set and ordered for it to be burried alive! Shows you the kind of people that do it.
    Burying a fox alive isn't sport: it's pest control- which I thought you approve of?

Yes there are many other cruel things done to animals but just because of this it doesn't mean you can ignore it! Banning fox hunting would be a step in the right direction.
    There are many much crueller things done to animals. It might be inconvenient if your conscience objected to them though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    Euurgh no (puts tongue in cheek and slaps it)! I do perfectly understand the other side of the argument. Fox's are pests and there numbers need to be controled. I personaly feel that hunting isn't the way to do this and to call it a sport is wrong. It's you that didn't understand my post, I was saying people that enjoy fox hunting also probably enjoy bull fighting.
    well it seems to me that you are the one calling it a sport.. hunting is called a sport when its drag hunting, not when huntsmen are actually going about the business of killing a fox. and saying people that enjoy fox hunting also probably enjoy bull fighting is a gross generalisation. Why would they? It seems that you have overlooked some of the previous posts where it is clearly stated that foxhunting is in place to control the fox population, the fox is not ripped limb from limb but killed instantaneously with a bite to the throat by well trained dogs, and that huntsmen enjoy each others company and not the act of watching the fox being killed. Bull fighting on the other hand involves a trapped and panicking animal being tortured and killed slowly whilst people look on and jeer. Little comparison i feel. and would you care to suggest a better way of controlling the numbers of foxes?

ReputationRep:
    well it seems to me that you are the one calling it a sport.. hunting is called a sport when its drag hunting, not when huntsmen are actually going about the business of killing a fox. and saying people that enjoy fox hunting also probably enjoy bull fighting is a gross generalisation. Why would they? It seems that you have overlooked some of the previous posts where it is clearly stated that foxhunting is in place to control the fox population, the fox is not ripped limb from limb but killed instantaneously with a bite to the throat by well trained dogs, and that huntsmen enjoy each others company and not the act of watching the fox being killed. Bull fighting on the other hand involves a trapped and panicking animal being tortured and killed slowly whilst people look on and jeer. Little comparison i feel. and would you care to suggest a better way of controlling the numbers of foxes?
    A fence perhaps?
    One which goes into the ground also to prevent digging under. If you find a way of keeping them away from live stock then nature will find away to control the numbers in a true natural process.

ReputationRep:
    Well said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToshTrent)
    A fence perhaps?
    One which goes into the ground also to prevent digging under. If you find a way of keeping them away from live stock then nature will find away to control the numbers in a true natural process.
    Tell me. Do you know how much fences cost these days, especially on 200 acre estates?

What do the farmers/landowners do with the loss of income from allowing hunts to take place?

ReputationRep:
    The farmers are more of a bother than the foxes, they cause tremendous traffic queues with their tractors, untaxed I believe, and spread **** over the fields causing the towns near by to stink to high heaven. They block roads walking cows down the main A roads for milking, need I go on...

Tosh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    "Nusicence" is spelt "nuisance"

Kind of an immature attitude you're having regarding this matter. What you do on your own land is your own business? Well that rule could be abused in many ways.

ReputationRep:
    The farmers are more of a bother than the foxes, they cause tremendous traffic queues with their tractors, untaxed I believe, and spread **** over the fields causing the towns near by to stink to high heaven. They block roads walking cows down the main A roads for milking, need I go on...

Tosh

You have not answered my question. I would really like to know where farmers are going to get the money from to build all these fences? Farmers are needed within this country. Thats a fact. Even if we can get our produce from other countries, the vast majority of people would still prefer to buy British, so farming in this county is integral. Your logic in this instance shows that your comments on fox hunting are completely worthless.

ReputationRep:
    "Nusicence" is spelt "nuisance"

Kind of an immature attitude you're having regarding this matter. What you do on your own land is your own business? Well that rule could be abused in many ways.
    Oh we are pedantic aren’t we? Would you like me to point out your spelling, grammar and syntax mistakes? I wont because I'm not a loser like yourself who knows he has lost an argument so uses pathetic little tactics like this.

It’s not immature at all. People can do what they like on their own land; it is after all a free country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    Euurgh no (puts tongue in cheek and slaps it)! I do perfectly understand the other side of the argument. Fox's are pests and there numbers need to be controled. I personaly feel that hunting isn't the way to do this and to call it a sport is wrong.
    Oh grow up!
    If fox hunting was simply called "controlling pests" would you approve of it then? Do you agree with setting mouse traps or putting down rat poison to control those pests?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.