Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToshTrent)
    The farmers are more of a bother than the foxes, they cause tremendous traffic queues with their tractors, untaxed I believe, and spread **** over the fields causing the towns near by to stink to high heaven. They block roads walking cows down the main A roads for milking, need I go on...

Tosh
    Are you suggesting that we should get rid of farmers altogether? If that happened you would have to breed your own animals, protect them using whatever means you could (including protection from foxes!) and kill them with your own bare hands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Are you suggesting that we should get rid of farmers altogether? If that happened you would have to breed your own animals, protect them using whatever means you could (including protection from foxes!) and kill them with your own bare hands.
    Well not realy because they could be imported. What I would say is that it is very likely that many thousands of animals would have to be culled though if British farming was to be banned. Think about that mr animal rights.

ReputationRep:
    The farmers are more of a bother than the foxes, they cause tremendous traffic queues with their tractors, untaxed I believe, and spread **** over the fields causing the towns near by to stink to high heaven. They block roads walking cows down the main A roads for milking, need I go on...

Tosh

ahh, the classic townie revealed...*chuckles*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    There's no point in continuing this thread. You people have such stupid arguments. I suppose you also think bull fightings a big jolly as well!
    theres that open mind again...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    It’s not immature at all. People can do what they like on their own land; it is after all a free country.
    Tell that to Tony Martin

ReputationRep:
    Think about that mr animal rights.
    Was this directed at me??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Tell that to Tony Martin
    Within reason of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Was this directed at me??
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    Oh we are pedantic aren’t we? Would you like me to point out your spelling, grammar and syntax mistakes? I wont because I'm not a loser like yourself who knows he has lost an argument so uses pathetic little tactics like this.

It’s not immature at all. People can do what they like on their own land; it is after all a free country.
    Ah i'd love to, it helps improve my spelling and grammer, always a bonus.

I thought this forum was used for debates not arguements, arguements are something you have with your mother.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree in this case. Not a tatic I usally use mind.

We'll have to see what Uncle Tony decides when it comes to the crunch.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry... Tony Blair

ReputationRep:

Tosh
    im presuming you are a vegan..because if not, youre likely to starve if you stand by your comments! the "****" on the fields is natural fertiliser, better than using man-made products.. and i see that your life is so important that you cant stand to wait more than 5minutes in a traffic queue whilst the farmer moves his cows.. its a shame that you cant appreciate and respect other peoples livlihoods...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    I posted the thread for views, if nessasary I am entitled to call you ignorant.
    My dad was a farmer (Somerset) for over 30 years and foxes were a huge problem, they are vermin, with ticks and fleas and manky diseases, however, he would never let the hunt go accross his land, the damage that they did, breaking fences, trampling on crops, we used to have to tie a blue bag to the end of the gate if we didn't want the hunt to go over the land, but they would just ignore them. It is also about the class system, i.e. some toffs poncing around like they own the place.

I am also vegetarian, not for the animal welfare reason, I just hate meat. I am against hunting, mainly because I think that it is a bit twisted that people can only enjoy themselves chasing an animal a 10th of their size. I can't stand these "Tally-Ho" tossers who think they are something special, and don't have anything to do with farming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    im presuming you are a vegan..because if not, youre likely to starve if you stand by your comments! the "****" on the fields is natural fertiliser, better than using man-made products.. and i see that your life is so important that you cant stand to wait more than 5minutes in a traffic queue whilst the farmer moves his cows.. its a shame that you cant appreciate and respect other peoples livlihoods...
    Hear hear.

If you have ever had a job, I doubt it will ever be as tough as farming. When your livelihood is a breathing animal it is a nightmare, for example, you have just got through the winter with no major problems, you start making a profit, then you get an outbreak of Foot and Mouth, or whatever, this makes the animal(s) worthless. It is often a cheaper option to shoot the animal than get the vet in. It is backbreaking work -7 days a week. When I was little we din't go on holiday until November because relief milkers were cheap at that time of year. The argument I have heard before is "you never get a poor farmer" what a load of codswallop, the only thing worth any money is the land, which you need for animal and crops so you can't sell it.

ReputationRep:
    My dad was a farmer (Somerset) for over 30 years and foxes were a huge problem, they are vermin, with ticks and fleas and manky diseases, however, he would never let the hunt go accross his land, the damage that they did, breaking fences, trampling on crops, we used to have to tie a blue bag to the end of the gate if we didn't want the hunt to go over the land, but they would just ignore them. It is also about the class system, i.e. some toffs poncing around like they own the place.
    Some good points there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    Some good points there.
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Britain)
    Hear hear.

If you have ever had a job, I doubt it will ever be as tough as farming. When your livelihood is a breathing animal it is a nightmare, for example, you have just got through the winter with no major problems, you start making a profit, then you get an outbreak of Foot and Mouth, or whatever, this makes the animal(s) worthless. It is often a cheaper option to shoot the animal than get the vet in. It is backbreaking work -7 days a week. When I was little we din't go on holiday until November because relief milkers were cheap at that time of year. The argument I have heard before is "you never get a poor farmer" what a load of codswallop, the only thing worth any money is the land, which you need for animal and crops so you can't sell it.
    you sound like an absolute loser! oh yeah, poor poor farmers, their animals that will be sent to the slaughter anyway are dying, oh i feel so sorry for them. what do you think animals are, machines? fool. im sure the animals are suffering just SLIGHTLY worse than the farmers...and anyway, people make money, they go bankrupt, they make more money, its the way of the world baby. im sure farmers know what they are getting themselves in for, so why should anyone be sympathetic to them?
    i live in a random village in devon, and i know quite a bit about fox hunting. lots of my relatives do it, random people in the village etc. and i dont know WHAT you people are on about saying, 'yeah, the dog goes straight for the neck, its can basically feel nothing', HAH, i dunno if you live in a perfect place where this happens with your local hunters, but it sure doesn't happen everywhere...it's a disgusting 'sport', and the people who do it deserve a kick in the balls, and more. i personally think you must be sick in the head to do something like that. and what's the deal with lots of people saying 'there are more important things to worry about than fox hunting, like people in the 3rd world, and starving people blah blah', of course i care about that, but does that mean that we can't discuss anything else? are those the only things you discuss in your everyday life? yeah, didn't think so, so be quiet.
    foxes are pests? they are breeding at a rapid rate? they aren't doing anything good for the environment? hah, sounds like the human race to me...foxes need to eat to survive, believe it or not. they are carnivores, ie they need meat more than we do. people steal their land, breed chickens/whatever on their land, then cry boohoo when the foxes eat the chickens. to animal rights activists people im sure the farmers/hunt supporters say 'dont you care about the chickens that the foxes killed?' they are just going to be sent to the slaughter anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Britain)
    When I was little we din't go on holiday until November because relief milkers were cheap at that time of year.

I have never been on holiday with my family because we couldn't afford it at all. I used to feel quite sorry for farmers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    you sound like an absolute loser! oh yeah, poor poor farmers, their animals that will be sent to the slaughter anyway are dying, oh i feel so sorry for them. what do you think animals are, machines? fool. im sure the animals are suffering just SLIGHTLY worse than the farmers...and anyway, people make money, they go bankrupt, they make more money, its the way of the world baby. im sure farmers know what they are getting themselves in for, so why should anyone be sympathetic to them?
    i live in a random village in devon, and i know quite a bit about fox hunting. lots of my relatives do it, random people in the village etc. and i dont know WHAT you people are on about saying, 'yeah, the dog goes straight for the neck, its can basically feel nothing', HAH, i dunno if you live in a perfect place where this happens with your local hunters, but it sure doesn't happen everywhere...it's a disgusting 'sport', and the people who do it deserve a kick in the balls, and more. i personally think you must be sick in the head to do something like that. and what's the deal with lots of people saying 'there are more important things to worry about than fox hunting, like people in the 3rd world, and starving people blah blah', of course i care about that, but does that mean that we can't discuss anything else? are those the only things you discuss in your everyday life? yeah, didn't think so, so be quiet.
    foxes are pests? they are breeding at a rapid rate? they aren't doing anything good for the environment? hah, sounds like the human race to me...foxes need to eat to survive, believe it or not. they are carnivores, ie they need meat more than we do. people steal their land, breed chickens/whatever on their land, then cry boohoo when the foxes eat the chickens. to animal rights activists people im sure the farmers/hunt supporters say 'dont you care about the chickens that the foxes killed?' they are just going to be sent to the slaughter anyway.
    Yey, finally another anti-fox hunter has joined! I thought I was alone with Moog for a while there... Prepare to get a grilling from the care-free people.

ReputationRep:
    Well put Dill!

ReputationRep:
    aww thanks guys i feel so loved

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.