Turn on thread page Beta

Fox hunting is barbaric and should be banned. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You realize we are the only two left in here? Its gotten boring.. We need more people to come in here and argue with us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    You realize we are the only two left in here? Its gotten boring.. We need more people to come in here and argue with us.
    true- this thread has devolved into friendly discussion- how utterly demoralising- i shall have to try harder next time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    true- this thread has devolved into friendly discussion- how utterly demoralising- i shall have to try harder next time
    oh yes.. its all your fault. lol.

ReputationRep:
    oh yes.. its all your fault. lol.
    yeah- I'm out of practice. I haven't conciously antagonised people for weeks. I must be getting tolerant in my old age :eek:

ReputationRep:
    yeah- I'm out of practice. I haven't conciously antagonised people for weeks. I must be getting tolerant in my old age :eek:
    old? You can't be serious? how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    old? You can't be serious? how old are you?
    16... nearly time to call in my pension

ReputationRep:
    i go in and out of moods. like 1 hour ago i felt like arguing, now i just want peace&love to conquer everyone. ahhhh...

ReputationRep:
    16! omg.. so you're calling me old too?!?

peace.. and love.. ha ha ha there's no fun in that.. help us get some debates going PLEASE!

ReputationRep:
    16! omg.. so you're calling me old too?!?

peace.. and love.. ha ha ha there's no fun in that.. help us get some debates going PLEASE!
    ok- which is the better sandwich? tuna and cucumber or cheese and gherkin?

ReputationRep:
    i'd say cheese and gherkin, but purely because i am a vegetarian! peace&love is ALWAYS good! i'm older than all of you, im 17, therefore you must obey me.

ReputationRep:
    What is gherkin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    i'd say cheese and gherkin, but purely because i am a vegetarian! peace&love is ALWAYS good! i'm older than all of you, im 17, therefore you must obey me.
    *in a droned voice replys* Yes all mighty despot.. we shall obey you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    nah- hippys don't bow down to anyone. besides- I have a track record for terrorising people older than me

ReputationRep:
    these sports were beneficial to humans for entertainment value and economically as they generated revenue for the organisers.

according to pro foxhunting arguments, fox-hunting is beneficial to farmers as it reduces the money they lose from their chickens being eaten.

where is the difference?
    3's a crowd!

Anyway I take your point about it being a type of benifit, but not one I would think is enough. At least with fox hunting the benefit - fewer chickens / lambs etc being viciously mauled and torn apart by foxes (if you'll excuse the description) - might be seen to outweigh the cost - foxes being killed by whatever means.

ReputationRep:
    What is gherkin?
    a small cucumber pickled in vinegar- usually about 2-3 inches long, although you can get miniture gherkins which are about 1 inche long.

ReputationRep:
    DEFINITELY tuna and cucumber btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden Maverick)
    3's a crowd!

Anyway I take your point about it being a type of benifit, but not one I would think is enough. At least with fox hunting the benefit - fewer chickens / lambs etc being viciously mauled and torn apart by foxes (if you'll excuse the description) - might be seen to outweigh the cost - foxes being killed by whatever means.
    At least we finally have someone in here who's interested in debating. Although however.. I've already made this point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden Maverick)
    DEFINITELY tuna and cucumber btw
    *IS IN FULL AGREENMENT ON THIS ONE!*

ReputationRep:
    wow riff you really know your gherkins!
    you are a hippy? GLAD TO HEAR IT! still, you can't terrorise me...cause errr.. cause umm... i could make you smell my socks..yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    i'd say cheese and gherkin, but purely because i am a vegetarian!
    Vegitarians can eat fish numbnuts.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.