Turn on thread page Beta

Fox hunting is barbaric and should be banned. watch

ReputationRep:
    this has nothing to do with anything, but - no-ones going on my member worship thread, waa!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    I do not live in a city, read my location.
    so does that mean that all prisoners and convicted crimminals should be shot, as they are pest to society?
    That's a bit extreme. But in a way, yes! Not saying that we should shoot criminals but do you not agree that all criminals should be caught as they are a pest to society??

ReputationRep:
    yes they should.... and how did that post i made earlier change to say 'im a jammy *******' cos i didnt say that....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    That's a bit extreme. But in a way, yes! Not saying that we should shoot criminals but do you not agree that all criminals should be caught as they are a pest to society??
    Humans should be free. Even crimminals...according to your logic anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    humans should be free. ciminals shouldnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    What's my logic? Where did you get that from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    People can type anything they like between the 'quote' tags. and i like pupies la dee la dee la.
    huh, i never thought about that....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by two_headed_monk)
    huh, i never thought about that....
    What didn't you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    What didn't you think?
    i was replying to pingapoke. not you. thats why i quoted him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    Seriously, where did you get 'my logic' from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Seriously, where did you get 'my logic' from?
    you have logic?? can i buy some?

ReputationRep:
    you have logic?? can i buy some?
    I'll do you a good deal...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I'll do you a good deal...
    excellent.... ill trade you my iraationality for it... i seem to have an over abundance....

ReputationRep:
    excellent.... ill trade you my iraationality for it... i seem to have an over abundance....
    hmmm, I'll get back to you on that one - who's your supplier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    hmmm, I'll get back to you on that one - who's your supplier?
    o, its top notch ****... all the way from bolivia....

ReputationRep:
    Far more animals- including foxes- are killed by motorists. The solution is simple: hunt down motorists and tear them to pieces with large packs of ferocious dogs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    Far more animals- including foxes- are killed by motorists. The solution is simple: hunt down motorists and tear them to pieces with large packs of ferocious dogs.
    I take it you don't drive then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    Your ignorance is quite astounding. Are you aware that if we allow animals such as the fox to become extinct, then in the long run the entire human civilisation could be under threat. It is a relatively unknown fact that if the common household bee was eradicated then it would lead to the distruction of mankind slowly. It may be difficult to understand this as we may think about these animals as useless and things which have no effect upon our day to day lives, but they do.
    The example of the bee above has been scientifically hypothesised.
    hahaha its YOUR ignorance that is quite outstanding im afraid. foxes are a pest and breed as such.. like rabbits there are plenty of them, they are very hardy and can survive a hell of a lot. The fact that foxhunting is seen as a sport is irrelevant to the fact that its a useful way of keeping the fox numbers down.. its fun yes but only because it involves horse-riding, a sport that people do anyway all the time.. its called cross-country. People dont fox-hunt solely because its fun (contrary to popular belief held usually by the city folk who think foxes are cute, furry little harmless animals) .. since what would be the point in that.. hunts are in places where there are foxes - surprise surprise.. and on hunt day, the hunt master has already contacted local farmers to find out where there are any trouble spots. We dont just randomly gallop around fields making a mess and killing every living creature in site. The dogs catch the fox by the throat, and it is then killed pretty must instantly.. also contrary to popular belief the dogs dont ravage the kill and rip it apart..they are well trained and leave it when called off by the ever vigilant hunt master. Hunting is a method of natural selection as foxes no longer have any natural predators, and is far more effective than shooting (which is very difficult as foxes have such good senses that they usually detect the human presence and dont come near. very few farmers round my area actually go out to shoot foxes because they are so hard to kill instantly, and they dont wish to take a bad shot, injuring the animal but letting it crawl a few hundred yards and bleed to death - a very cruel way to die - foxes can run for miles with very bad injuries) .. ill welcome the day when the 'city' folk ban foxhunting but then begin to complain that the city foxes are eating their precious childrens rabbits from the garden. foxes are very clever, astute animals, which is why you now see so many in cities scavenging.. at this rate we'll have to start 'the east end hunt'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    ... foxes are a pest and breed as such.... People dont fox-hunt solely because its fun (contrary to popular belief held usually by the city folk who think foxes are cute, furry little harmless animals) .... The dogs catch the fox by the throat, and it is then killed instantly... the dogs dont ravage the kill and rip it apart...they are well trained... Hunting is a method of natural selection as foxes no longer have any natural predators, and is far more effective than shooting very few farmers round my area actually go out to shoot foxes because they are so hard to kill instantly, and they dont wish to take a bad shot, injuring the animal but letting it crawl a few hundred yards and bleed to death - a very cruel way to die - foxes can run for miles with very bad injuries)
    Good points, well made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Notice the word "majority".

Why are you suggesting we should return to a natural cycle? Are you suggesting we also stop intensive farming and stop using pesticides and alike... so it is "natural"?

And no I'm not suggesting the eradication of pests. Merely their control through tried and tested methods.
    Notice Cyst chose not to comment on the above...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.