Turn on thread page Beta

Fox hunting is barbaric and should be banned. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    for the last time!! the fox is NOT ripped apart!!
    "Any pack of hunting dogs tends to bring down their prey by a series of bites and tears to their quarry. Fox hounds are no different and it is deceitful of the pro-hunt lobby to claim that hounds kill foxes instantly with 'one nip to the back of the neck'. A British Fields Sports Society promotional film, after the cut-off point for public viewing, shows a fox being bowled over by hounds biting at his underbelly and still struggling while being savaged by several hounds."

http://www.huntinginquiry.gov.uk/evidence/csgah.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    i'll have to check those authors out drag! thanks.
    aww riff sounds cool
    why thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    I am completely sure I miss nothing from following a vegetarian diet- I have talked many times with my GP (also vegetarian) about which foods to eat etc. in fact, since I've become vegetarian I've found that my overall health has improved, especially in areas such as complexion and general fitness.
    The reference to complexion is not true. Any dermatologist will tell you that what you eat has nothing to do with acne, zips, pimples, what have you.

ReputationRep:
    "Any pack of hunting dogs tends to bring down their prey by a series of bites and tears to their quarry. Fox hounds are no different and it is deceitful of the pro-hunt lobby to claim that hounds kill foxes instantly with 'one nip to the back of the neck'. A British Fields Sports Society promotional film, after the cut-off point for public viewing, shows a fox being bowled over by hounds biting at his underbelly and still struggling while being savaged by several hounds."
    so... presebjenda.... you were saying? that sounds like being ripped apart to me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    i'll have to check those authors out drag! thanks.
    aww riff sounds cool
    You'd like R.A.. I'm not to sure about Pierce though.. She is a young adult author.. But her books are centered more on.. female heroines(sp?) than male heroes.

ReputationRep:

http://www.huntinginquiry.gov.uk/evidence/csgah.htm
    That is barberic!

ReputationRep:
    im still waiting for vienna to reply to my query, where on earth has she gone?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    yes vienna, i really don't think it is your place to tell anyone if they are enjoying life or not. especially since you don't even know me in real life! i shall never regret being a vegetarian, and i can never imagine me eating meat when i grow up.
    er, highly strung?? thatll be the lack of meat, hehe..
    nb. you dont need to address me 3 times, i do reply eventually, and the forum just gets cluttered with all this obsessiveness.

ReputationRep:
    highly strung?? due to lack of meat?? yeahhh deary, yeah! i see where you are coming from! anything else you want to say? it's quite a big claim you made before you know! with me losing loads of natural nutrients etc, and me regretting being a veggie when i'm older, anything you want to back that up with? or is stating that i'm highly strung due to being a veggie a good enough argument?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you start a thread about vegetarianism if it's such a big deal?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    highly strung?? due to lack of meat?? yeahhh deary, yeah! i see where you are coming from! anything else you want to say? it's quite a big claim you made before you know! with me losing loads of natural nutrients etc, and me regretting being a veggie when i'm older, anything you want to back that up with? or is stating that i'm highly strung due to being a veggie a good enough argument?
    lol, it sounds like you are calling yourself a vegitable.. comatose patient.. hmm.. interesting.. *ponders*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    lol, it sounds like you are calling yourself a vegitable.. comatose patient.. hmm.. interesting.. *ponders*
    lmaoooo that made me chuckle, i just imagined myself being a cabbage with arms and legs and eyes, ahhhh <chuckles>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Why don't you start a thread about vegetarianism if it's such a big deal?!!
    because over 400 posts on the same topic tends to get slighlty tedious- as exemplified by the harry potter thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    lmaoooo that made me chuckle, i just imagined myself being a cabbage with arms and legs and eyes, ahhhh <chuckles>
    hmm- I think I would prefer to be broccali

ReputationRep:
    hmm- I think I would prefer to be broccali
    But broccoli really is not nice! Although I suppose you'd have a longer lifespan... hmmmmm....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    But broccoli really is not nice! Although I suppose you'd have a longer lifespan... hmmmmm....
    broccali is very nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    I think all the pro-hunters have left as they've realised they lost the debate... Shame.
    oh well.

ReputationRep:
    All we can say is "HA! We won...."

ReputationRep:
    lol whats a rep?!?!? ahhhh im on the quote of the week! what an honour i was just speaking out of my heart though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    lol whats a rep?!?!? ahhhh im on the quote of the week! what an honour i was just speaking out of my heart though.
    click on the little scales in the top right hand corner of the post you want to give rep for. a good rep gives green gems, a bad rep give red gems

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.