Turn on thread page Beta

Fox hunting is barbaric and should be banned. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    only 6%.
    So fox numbers are reduced by 6% from hunting, which means it is effective in reducing fox numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    It's not effective enough though.

Please don't try to stop us from elevating ourselves... Otherwise there would be no debate.
    and life would be very boring

ReputationRep:
    and life would be very boring
    Most definately. I like elevating myself... It makes me feel all warm inside

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    So fox numbers are reduced by 6% from hunting, which means it is effective in reducing fox numbers.
    6% is not effective and does not justify damaging countryside all for the pleasure of a couple of people and their hangers on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    6% is not enought to be called effective... If you were doing an efficiency calculation, that would not be efficient at all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    6% is not enought to be called effective... If you were doing an efficiency calculation, that would not be efficient at all...
    I'm not. It's stating the bleedin obvious, that fox numbers are reduced. (sorry 'bout the moral pedestall btw, thought things were getting a bit stupid - it's cool that there are loads of different opinions flying around)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I'm not. It's stating the bleedin obvious, that fox numbers are reduced. (sorry 'bout the moral pedestall btw, thought things were getting a bit stupid - it's cool that there are loads of different opinions flying around)
    Although foxes are probably breeding at the same time, so numbers wouldn't reduce... Shooting them would be easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I'm not. It's stating the bleedin obvious, that fox numbers are reduced.
    found something here: http://www.foxes.org/urbanfox/part2.html

it says that the numbers of foxes are not affected by the level of fox control

(sorry 'bout the moral pedestall btw, thought things were getting a bit stupid - it's cool that there are loads of different opinions flying around)
    tis ok people have a right to their own opinion

ReputationRep:
    will no one debate

ReputationRep:
    I would, but I had to go offline for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    I would, but I had to go offline for a while.
    ah, same.

ReputationRep:
    rar pres :0P i didn't say that in a fox hunt there is only a 6% success rate. i stated that with all the different factors contributing to the deaths of foxes, only 6% of them are killed due to hunting. hope that clears it up, i can't think of a way to make it obvious, my brain wont work : (
    people supporting fox hunting STILL haven't justified the reason for using dogs high in stamina that take long to catch the prey, rather than really fast dogs that would probably catch them straight away D:

ReputationRep:
    anyone else want to continue the debate?

ReputationRep:
    anyone else want to continue the debate?
    Not sure, this one's getting tiring and going round in circles!!

ReputationRep:
    Hunting is barbaric, evil and cruel. Hunters are fascists. End of story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AveHan)
    Hunting is barbaric, evil and cruel. Hunters are fascists. End of story.
    How narrow-minded and uncompromising of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    How narrow-minded and uncompromising of you.
    aye- not all hunters are facists- some are nazis

ReputationRep:
    aye- not all hunters are facists- some are nazis
    Ooooooooh! I know you're just trying to make me mad to spark up the debate again!! :mad: It's working!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Ooooooooh! I know you're just trying to make me mad to spark up the debate again!! :mad: It's working!:mad:
    hehe I know- i've had a lot of practice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    sieg heil!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.