Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    i'd agree with that. you still have my thingy as your personal quote, that's super cool
    only for one more day- then you'll have to think up another

ReputationRep:
    damn really? i don't think i'll ever be able to match that : (

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    damn really? i don't think i'll ever be able to match that : (
    ah well- better luck next week then

ReputationRep:
    wow.. now what is this room about? First Fox Hunting, then Vegitarianism.. now what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    wow.. now what is this room about? First Fox Hunting, then Vegitarianism.. now what?
    well at one point it was about the vampire game in my sig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    well at one point it was about the vampire game in my sig
    lol, oh is that all?

ReputationRep:
    Not Vlad the Vampire Mushroom?

ReputationRep:
    Do you like fantasy, or are you more of a realistic person?
    R.A.Salvatore is an excellent fantasy writer.. he does the older "Forgotten Realms" books. excellent those. Then there is Tamora Pierce, who is an excellent childrens author. How about Hemingway?
    if its fantasy, Raymond E. Feist is the king after tolkein and probably better for most people as it is not quite as chunky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    if its fantasy, Raymond E. Feist is the king after tolkein and probably better for most people as it is not quite as chunky.
    Interesting, although I've never heard of him. My current book project is a total of 38 pages.. heehee.. *puts her pinkie to her lips* I took the easy way out.. I'd rather read a book I like thats over a thousand pages, than read a book I hated that was only 100...

ReputationRep:
    If you read Feist, start at the beginning with his revised edition of Magician (its slightly longer).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    If you read Feist, start at the beginning with his revised edition of Magician (its slightly longer).

Ever read "The Glass Menagerie?" Its a very good play.. I thought it was sad though.

ReputationRep:
    I have been researching both sides of the foxhunting debate as part of my A-level studies and am now writing leters to MPs to call for a ban on foxhunting with hounds in Britain. To say that foxhunting is needed to control the fox population is not a valid arguement, as foxes are at the top of thier food chain they control thier population naturally through food and space available. Those foxes that are killed through foxhunting are simply replaced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_hunee)
    To say that foxhunting is needed to control the fox population is not a valid arguement, as foxes are at the top of thier food chain they control thier population naturally through food and space available. Those foxes that are killed through foxhunting are simply replaced.
    i thought you said youd been researching??? hmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    i thought you said youd been researching??? hmm...
    it is true though- hunting does not make a significant impression on fox populations.

ReputationRep:
    it is true though- hunting does not make a significant impression on fox populations.
    depends what you mean by significant but yes its a sport primarily..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    depends what you mean by significant but yes its a sport primarily..
    then why shouldn't it be abolished like other blood sports?

ReputationRep:
    then why shouldn't it be abolished like other blood sports?
    Fishing is a sport, and alot of the time the fish die. So does that mean you wish to abolish fishing as well?

ReputationRep:
    Fishing is a sport, and alot of the time the fish die. So does that mean you wish to abolish fishing as well?
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    if people actually truly believe fox hunting is fun they are completely sick in the head in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    yes.
    ok.. thats taking it WAY to far!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.