Turn on thread page Beta

Fox hunting is barbaric and should be banned. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how you could all be so cruel. Foxes are animals if you haven't noticed, and do you go killing people's dogs? No, not unless you're sick, which most of you are. Anyone who endorses the despicable blood sport of fox-hunting ought to be ashamed of themselves. And don't go saying "they're just foxes" because if you haven't noticed, they feel pain too. But go ahead and be cynical about it, because frankly, I don't care.
    I will continue to protest until this practise is banned completely and don't you dare say anything against me. I cannot believe there are so many people out there who are so sick and demented like yourselfs. Good day. Don't bother posting any crap to me either. Unless you are prepared to meet me in a public place and discuss this matter, don't post anything you wouldn't say to my face. I have never met such ignorant people. I am not ignorant. I have studied the facts, unlike you people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natski)
    I will continue to protest until this practise is banned completely and don't you dare say anything against me.
    Generally I agree with you - but who the hell are you to WARN people against disagreeing with you...

Frankly Id meet you face to face... I couldnt care less. I assume you werent trying to indimidate people right? Its fairly hard to do theat with a :mad: in your message...

People have every right to contradict you ... if you want to bully people into submission you are a ****ing moron

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother posting any crap to me either. Unless you are prepared to meet me in a public place and discuss this matter, don't post anything you wouldn't say to my face.
    I will continue to protest until this practise is banned completely and don't you dare say anything against me.
    I am not ignorant. I have studied the facts, unlike you people.
    It's always wonderful when the voice of logic and reason speaks.

Firstly, I'll post you whatever 'crap' I feel like posting you. However, I can at least promise you I'll be polite and rational... do take note. But, as you ask, yes I'll happily meet up with you in a public place for a bit of a debate.

Secondly, anyone whose argument so much as contains your line about not saying anything against you has lost any sway they may have gained with their argument.

Thirdly, don't you dare accuse people you've never met of ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    It's always wonderful when the voice of logic and reason speaks.
    thankyou - truly.. i havent laughed so much at a post in quite some time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    thankyou - truly.. i havent laughed so much at a post in quite some time!
    I'm glad you had a giggle!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how you could all be so cruel. Foxes are animals if you haven't noticed, and do you go killing people's dogs? No, not unless you're sick, which most of you are. Anyone who endorses the despicable blood sport of fox-hunting ought to be ashamed of themselves. And don't go saying "they're just foxes" because if you haven't noticed, they feel pain too. But go ahead and be cynical about it, because frankly, I don't care.
    I will continue to protest until this practise is banned completely and don't you dare say anything against me. I cannot believe there are so many people out there who are so sick and demented like yourselfs. Good day. Don't bother posting any crap to me either. Unless you are prepared to meet me in a public place and discuss this matter, don't post anything you wouldn't say to my face. I have never met such ignorant people. I am not ignorant. I have studied the facts, unlike you people.
    mate we will post whatever we like, who are you to dictate to us? And the public place, mate i am a 18 stone prop and i will gladly meet you any where you sad disillusioned fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    mate we will post whatever we like, who are you to dictate to us? And the public place, mate i am a 18 stone prop and i will gladly meet you any where you sad disillusioned fool.
    You play rugby? j/w

On the fox hunting note, except from what all has been said, if we don't ban it soon we'll probably be end up being behind many European counterparts on this point. I wouldn't mind if we killed them instantly and with least pain possible and then using all the of the carcass, bit like what many of the native American tribes did, nothing to waste (Sioux I think). But we don't and it's a waste. We should stop interfering with nature and let it run its own course...

ReputationRep:
    Where I live fox hunting doesn't involve dogs, not in the same sense as in the UK. I am sorry that it is so viscious but here we HAVE to hunt fox because they kill off livestock, as well as carry mange and rabies. The fox population here is TOO vast, and hunting fox is only a means of diminishing the population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawzzzzzz)
    Generally I agree with you - but who the hell are you to WARN people against disagreeing with you...

Frankly Id meet you face to face... I couldnt care less. I assume you werent trying to indimidate people right? Its fairly hard to do theat with a :mad: in your message...

People have every right to contradict you ... if you want to bully people into submission you are a ****ing moron
    *applauds* very nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    You play rugby? j/w

On the fox hunting note, except from what all has been said, if we don't ban it soon we'll probably be end up being behind many European counterparts on this point. I wouldn't mind if we killed them instantly and with least pain possible and then using all the of the carcass, bit like what many of the native American tribes did, nothing to waste (Sioux I think). But we don't and it's a waste. We should stop interfering with nature and let it run its own course...
    Most if not all of our tribes didn't waste.. (waste not want not..) ANYWHO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    Sorry.. American ignorance here.. But what is a stone prop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    Sorry.. American ignorance here.. But what is a stone prop?
    He is 18 stone (in weight, eg pretty hefty). A prop is a position in rugby. Props are generally regarded as tough, strong people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    He is 18 stone (in weight, eg pretty hefty). A prop is a position in rugby. Props are generally regarded as tough, strong people.
    Thank you for explaining that.. I haven't really caught up with all of the UK slang.

ReputationRep:
    You are a very cruel person. You don't have a heart, do you? Foxes are not pests, they were here first. But sure, go and kick a puppy to death and watch it, it's the same thing, the same cruelty. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. I hope you don't have a pet, heaven knows what you'd do to it!
    Foxes aren't pets, they are pests. They were where first? How do you know? Just because I don't think hunting should be banned it doesn't mean I go around kicking puppies to death!! :rolleyes: I'm not ashamed of my views. Why do you assume that because I support hunting I hate and want to kill all animals?? That is not the case. If I did have a pet it wouldn't be a fox because foxes are pests.

ReputationRep:
    Do the anti-hunters think that other forms of pest control should also be banned? (Eg. mouse-traps, rat poison, bug spray... ). What would you do if your house became infested with a pest? Would it be cruel to kill the pests? Even though it may be cruel to kill them would you do it anyway to prevent possible diseases/infections from getting into your home/putting you and your family at risk?

Just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Do the anti-hunters think that other forms of pest control should also be banned? (Eg. mouse-traps, rat poison, bug spray... ). What would you do if your house became infested with a pest?
    I'd make friends with them.

Actually my house is infested with a pest. An 8 year old. Can anyone recommend a suitable pest control. I've tried poisoning but it hasn't worked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I bet you would! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Do the anti-hunters think that other forms of pest control should also be banned? (Eg. mouse-traps, rat poison, bug spray... ). What would you do if your house became infested with a pest? Would it be cruel to kill the pests? Even though it may be cruel to kill them would you do it anyway to prevent possible diseases/infections from getting into your home/putting you and your family at risk?

Just wondering.
    Very good argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)

Just wondering.
    I don't use any form of pest control for my house- so far I seem to be alive and healthy. To prevent diseases and infections, it is generally enough to have built up a decent immune system when young, use antiseptic on cuts and vaccinate against diseases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)

Actually my house is infested with a pest. An 8 year old. Can anyone recommend a suitable pest control. I've tried poisoning but it hasn't worked.
    I'm guessing you gave it some of your cooking then? :rolleyes: is the pest male or female?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.