Turn on thread page Beta

Fox hunting is barbaric and should be banned. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    and is far more effective than shooting (which is very difficult as foxes have such good senses that they usually detect the human presence and dont come near. very few farmers round my area actually go out to shoot foxes because they are so hard to kill instantly, and they dont wish to take a bad shot, injuring the animal but letting it crawl a few hundred yards and bleed to death - a very cruel way to die - foxes can run for miles with very bad injuries)
    a good point about shooting.
    side note though, many farmers round where i live do still go out and shoot them and are quite successful with it too.

ReputationRep:
    Its a fox. Wow.

You have to look at the real reasons why Labour and El Presidente B'Liar are pushing it though so vigorously at the cost of other things such as the Childrens Bill. It is so they can galvanise the apathetic vote in their favour. It sickens me that anyone would put animals before people so that the can get a vote. It's even worse that those apathetic wnakers would vote for B'Liar and his cronies. Our species comes first!! Why not sort out the NHS, Transport, Pensions, Benefit and (shock horor) Defence before we waste money on sodding foxes!!!

TS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tele-skier)
    Its a fox. Wow.

You have to look at the real reasons why Labour and El Presidente B'Liar are pushing it though so vigorously at the cost of other things such as the Childrens Bill. It is so they can galvanise the apathetic vote in their favour. It sickens me that anyone would put animals before people so that the can get a vote. It's even worse that those apathetic wnakers would vote for B'Liar and his cronies. Our species comes first!! Why not sort out the NHS, Transport, Pensions, Benefit and (shock horor) Defence before we waste money on sodding foxes!!!

TS
    It's a win-win situation for everyone involved. Except the Countryside A-liar-ance [is that how you do it?]

I'll think you'll find the NHS, Transport, Pensions, Benefits and Defence are being sorted out to greater or lesser extents. Or do you believe Michael How'liar'd [like that?] or Char'liar's Kennedy [again?] would do better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    It's a win-win situation for everyone involved. Except the Countryside A-liar-ance [is that how you do it?]

I'll think you'll find the NHS, Transport, Pensions, Benefits and Defence are being sorted out to greater or lesser extents. Or do you believe Michael How'liar'd [like that?] or Char'liar's Kennedy [again?] would do better?
    LOL. LOL

ReputationRep:
    Generally speaking whilst other people may think health, for example, is more important. We have been very selfish in the past and are still now, so in a way I'm glad we're getting rid of the me me me attitude of the human race.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you are right - it is a win-win. It helps keep Labour in, If the Tories champion the current situation, the apathetic and fluffy people vote against them, if they oppose the bill, they look weak and unable to stick up for their own policies.

Are things being sorted out in other areas? MOre money for more pensioners in an already ageing population? An NHS that is a bottomless hole for money that is being abused - ie why do people get IVF on the NHS? Defence? Forces being dcked for everything from fighting fires to fighting wars to 'Peace Support' Ops with fewer resources and soldiers? There is a long long way to go!

TS

ReputationRep:
    Oh - B'Liar only works for Tony. And Geoff is bufHoon.

ReputationRep:
    why do people get IVF on the NHS?
    Because the point of the NHS is to provide universal free healthcare at the point of need. Or are you implying that only infertile rich people deserve to have children?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly - is IVF Healthcare? I happen to think that it isn't. Of course, this is only my opinion which really doesn't count for much! Wouldn't it be better off spending that money to help those who are already alive rather than those not here - but aplogies, I am off subject.

I did feel bad for an instant - I hit a fox whilst driving. Still, it has a dead bird in its mouth - the wheel of life goes round. It was a quick clean kill. I guess it shouldn't have run out in front of me whilst I was doing 50mph on one of the few straight sections of a welsh road. I though 'swerve and hit a wall or squish fox?' Squish won, however had it been a person or something that would have damaged me/passenger I would have tried my very best to aviod.... Still I only felt bad for an instant.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, thats my tuppence. Shoot me up to your hearts content!!

TS

ReputationRep:
    Exactly - is IVF Healthcare? I happen to think that it isn't. Of course, this is only my opinion which really doesn't count for much!
    Fertility treatment is obviously healthcare - it's not plumbing or accountancy.

Wouldn't it be better off spending that money to help those who are already alive rather than those not here -
    Infertile couples aren't alive? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    Infertile couples aren't alive? :confused:
    I think the user meant a human being that is not yet fertilised and/or born.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I think the user meant a human being that is not yet fertilised and/or born.
    But fertility treatment isn't used to treat a foetus, it's used to help infertile couples, who are suffering from medical problems that prevent them conceiving naturally, to achieve a pregnancy.

Hence, we are spending that money to help those who are already alive.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I said I'd shut up. Yes it is healthcare. No it isn't plumbing! Still, I think there are far more important things right now than helping even more procreation amongst the masses! Yes they are alive - what I meant was why not spend the money on people who exist rather than create more.....

Right. I really am going now! I need to buy a really big ladder!

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are alive - what I meant was why not spend the money on people who exist rather than create more...
    The money is spent on people who exist - the infertile couple! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry - I should stop thinking about the end state.....

ReputationRep:
    Sorry - I should stop thinking about the end state.....
    Run along and buy your ladder.

ReputationRep:
    I must admit - I will be interested to see what happens. Another interesting forum is: http://www.arrse.co.uk/html/modules....38f18be55d6eca

If a little one sided!

TS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Hunting)
    All you people that live in the city that probably never seen a fox on tv, haven't got a f*cking clue.
    When your streets are over run with foxes you will be kicking yourselfs.
    foxes are quite common in the city nowadays. im not sure of the figures, anyone know?

also there is little chance fox numbers will increase so that our streets will be overrun, i've read many times over that the carrying capacity of urban foxes was reached many years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masonne)
    foxes are quite common in the city nowadays. im not sure of the figures, anyone know?

also there is little chance fox numbers will increase so that our streets will be overrun, i've read many times over that the carrying capacity of urban foxes was reached many years ago.
    Urban foxes are kinda cute and it's nice to see such wildlife in the city sprawl, even if they do empty out the rubbish bins every once in a while and make that weird banshee wail late at night...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.