Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aylia)
    As for elephants and foxes, thats a bit of a far -fetched example surely. Foxes are pests, like rats and squirrels.
    It really isn't it is a fact that in some countries Elephants are considered a pest and killed just like foxes are here. This is a quote and like to a website about it

"Humans do not regard elephants as good neighbors. When humans and elephants live close together, elephants raid crops, and rogue elephants (aggressive male elephants during the breeding season) rampage through villages. Local people shoot elephants because they fear them and regard them as pests. Some countries have established culling programs: park officials or hunters kill a predetermined number of elephants to keep herds manageable and minimize human-elephant conflicts."

http://www.solcomhouse.com/elephants.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    It really isn't it is a fact that in some countries Elephants are considered a pest and killed just like foxes are here. This is a quote and like to a website about it

"Humans do not regard elephants as good neighbors. When humans and elephants live close together, elephants raid crops, and rogue elephants (aggressive male elephants during the breeding season) rampage through villages. Local people shoot elephants because they fear them and regard them as pests. Some countries have established culling programs: park officials or hunters kill a predetermined number of elephants to keep herds manageable and minimize human-elephant conflicts."

http://www.solcomhouse.com/elephants.htm

*shrugs* well, if I lived where there were elephants destroying my crops, they would be a pest - you can't then think, 'well elephants are kind of cute so I'll starve this year' you would get rid of them. Likewise with foxes, they kill sheep and other animals, therefore are a pest, therefore we do something about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aylia)
    *shrugs* well, if I lived where there were elephants destroying my crops, they would be a pest - you can't then think, 'well elephants are kind of cute so I'll starve this year' you would get rid of them. Likewise with foxes, they kill sheep and other animals, therefore are a pest, therefore we do something about it.
    We live in a civilised country really don't get why we can't just do a better job of protecting the animals that we put there from their natural preditors. we don't have to kill them we choose to kill them.

ReputationRep:
    We live in a civilised country really don't get why we can't just do a better job of protecting the animals that we put there from their natural preditors. we don't have to kill them we choose to kill them.
    Controlling fox numbers is a pretty good way of protecting the animals!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Controlling fox numbers is a pretty good way of protecting the animals!
    Unless that animal is a ....erm....fox....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Unless that animal is a ....erm....fox....
    hehehe, very clever! You know what I meant!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but why should we price one animals life above another? Why not just build bigger fences. I have studied ecology as part of my biology A2 and I know that the fox population would eventually settle down due to other limiting factors. Why not just protect the chickens with fences and leave the foxes alone I mean they were living in the area before humans introduced intensive chicken farming. So don't leave the chickens under there noses and the expect them not to eat :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but why should we price one animals life above another? Why not just build bigger fences.
    Because chickens are farmed to feed humans! Do you think that foxes and humans are equal too?

ReputationRep:
    I honestly believe that the main reason so many people are anti-fox hunting has much less to do with the welfare of foxes than it does class envy.

They are pests and need to be culled accordingly.
    Errm, Harry.

The classiest of us all have no need to destroy a life of a harmless creatures in a brutal and inhumane manner.

You and others seem to think that we need to control the number of many different species, but if we look at the human race, we've spread across this planet like a virus destroying everything we touch, plus more. We don't do mass culling of humans and shred them into pieces for fun. Just throw another housing estate up in the green belt strips. (They are pieces of land which are of natural beauty and should not be built on).
    Perhaps we should take the rapists and paedophiles of this planet and chase them with a bunch of dogs and toffs?

Tosh.

Ooo, by the way you look like a complete w**k in that twatish uniform too!

ReputationRep:
    Well said Tosh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    Well said Tosh!
    Thank you Moog,

I'd like to take this opportunity to call Tednol as Rosie Cheeked Nonce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToshTrent)
    Errm, Harry.

The classiest of us all have no need to destroy a life of a harmless creatures in a brutal and inhumane manner.

You and others seem to think that we need to control the number of many different species, but if we look at the human race, we've spread across this planet like a virus destroying everything we touch, plus more. We don't do mass culling of humans and shred them into pieces for fun. Just throw another housing estate up in the green belt strips. (They are pieces of land which are of natural beauty and should not be built on).
    Perhaps we should take the rapists and paedophiles of this planet and chase them with a bunch of dogs and toffs?

Tosh.

Since when did foxes become as important as humans?

You will find that it is just not toffs which go shooting and hunting, its just people from the country in general. As far as I'm concerned city people should stop complaining about country issues and continue polluting the earth at the great rate they are doing, so humans do actually suffer, instead of complaining about an insignificant animal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Since when did foxes become as important as humans?

You will find that it is just not toffs which go shooting and hunting, its just people from the country in general. As far as I'm concerned city people should stop complaining about country issues and continue polluting the earth at the great rate they are doing, so humans do actually suffer, instead of complaining about an insignificant animal.
    Obviously you're a well educated Chap Joey.

The majority of Somerset seems to be countryside, but i'm sure you already knew that.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm concerned city people should stop complaining about country issues and continue polluting the earth at the great rate they are doing
    Ah yes i forgot you country folk like to stick to your own. With your hairy palms and hairy chested sisters!

ReputationRep:
    They're only foxes!

ReputationRep:
    Errm, Harry.

Tosh.

What fuc*in uniform are you talking about you tit?

ReputationRep:
    Obviously you're a well educated Chap Joey.

The majority of Somerset seems to be countryside, but i'm sure you already knew that.

I was talking in general and not singling out yourself. In general I am correct.

ReputationRep:
    What fuc*in uniform are you talking about you tit?
    Strooth, that's awfully rude, the uniform that the hunters wear of course.

ReputationRep:

You clearly do not know much about hunting at all.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not wearing a hunter's uniform am I? "Strewth" indeed.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.