Turn on thread page Beta

Fox hunting is barbaric and should be banned. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkonline)
    Don't you think though that there is something wrong with people who think its fun to see animals being slaughtered. They should visit the pub or something like most normal people do.
    and go and buy some steak?

ReputationRep:
    and go and buy some steak?
    Yeah they should! At least that steaks produced in a slightly more humane/ less barbaric way!

The people for fox hunting are just fighting a pointless argument rambling on about *******s. It's not gonna be to long before it's banned - more and more people are against it!

ReputationRep:
    Notably the majority of people that vote against it live in the city...and if Ali G's Borat interview of those people is anything to go by, they aren't even clever enough to spot a fake person saying "I keel the bears" ...they are so thick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    Yeah they should! At least that steaks produced in a slightly more humane/ less barbaric way!
    How is it more humane to breed 1000s of animals just so they can be killed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkonline)
    What I dislike about fox hunting is the fact that people call it a sport, dress up and have a laugh about the fact that a fox is being hounded out and killed. Doesn't sound like fun to me.
    call it a sport - it is one.
    dress up - rugby players must dress up too then.
    have a laugh - in each others company, not at the fox.
    hounded out - you mean chased with every chance of escape?
    killed - a hunt often ends without a kill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    The people for fox hunting are just fighting a pointless argument
    a pointless argument?

rambling on about *******s.
    ahh, those city dwellers...

It's not gonna be to long before it's banned - more and more people are against it!
    correction, over 50% of the country support hunting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    call it a sport - it is one.
    dress up - rugby players must dress up to then.
    have a laugh - in each others company, not at the fox.
    hounded out - you mean chased with every chance of escape?
    killed - a hunt often ends without a kill.
    Well said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)

The people for fox hunting are just fighting a pointless argument rambling on about *******s. It's not gonna be to long before it's banned - more and more people are against it!
    Ha, yeah whatever. That's a complete joke.

I don't see how anyone can sit here and say "no fox hunting" and then go home and eat a sausage. The pig doesn't kill the childrens pet rabbit, the pig doesn't swan around my garden whilst digging up my dead cat.

That's not to say I don't think fox hunting is wrong but I don't see how people can complain when so many animals are kept cruelly and killed for our amusement (we don't need them, but we want them). And usually these animals are of no harm... the fox causes more damage.

Hence why I'm not going to sit here saying "fox hunting should be banned... it's cruelty".

ReputationRep:
    You could have organic food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    You could have organic food.
    Organic meat?

ReputationRep:
    Most farmyard animals, especially cows and chickens, suffer a lot more throughout their lives than a fox does.

ReputationRep:
    "Organic meat?"

Yup you can get organic meat it is meat that isn't pumped full of steriods and fed on other animal brains. It is also normally free range.

"That's not to say I don't think fox hunting is wrong but I don't see how people can complain when so many animals are kept cruelly and killed for our amusement (we don't need them, but we want them). And usually these animals are of no harm... the fox causes more damage."

I do see your point I am a vegetarian and I have been for 7 years now. I believe strongly in animal rights. I am against fox hunting for the cruelty of it and because I think it is an inhume way to do it if you have to do it at all. In response to an early comment I personally don't value foxes lives above humans but since the reasons stated for killing foxes is that they are a pest I don't really see why that is an issue. If they were kill numerous people then I could understand hunting them more in a more humane way but they aren't. I personally think that we should try and find a comprimise that will not allow fox hunting but will keep the fox population down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amazing)
    Most farmyard animals, especially cows and chickens, suffer a lot more throughout their lives than a fox does.
    Exactly. And yet no one ever says to ban their slaughtering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    "Organic meat?"

Yup you can get organic meat it is meat that isn't pumped full of steriods and fed on other animal brains. It is also normally free range.

"That's not to say I don't think fox hunting is wrong but I don't see how people can complain when so many animals are kept cruelly and killed for our amusement (we don't need them, but we want them). And usually these animals are of no harm... the fox causes more damage."

I do see your point I am a vegetarian and I have been for 7 years now. I believe strongly in animal rights. I am against fox hunting for the cruelty of it and because I think it is an inhume way to do it if you have to do it at all. In response to an early comment I personally don't value foxes lives above humans but since the reasons stated for killing foxes is that they are a pest I don't really see why that is an issue. If they were kill numerous people then I could understand hunting them more in a more humane way but they aren't. I personally think that we should try and find a comprimise that will not allow fox hunting but will keep the fox population down.
    I don't see them as a massive pest either, just I was making the point that they are more so than farmyard animals which have a worse time than foxes.

I see totally what you are saying. But I can't stand by it because of the amount of animals that are cruelly treated for us. I would see it as hypocritical of me therefore to sit here and say fox hunting is worse and should be stopped over killing pigs for our sausages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    "Organic meat?"

i like steroid filled meat thanks. and the cow is blissfully unaware of ur ideas of free range existence and a life it could have had....

I do see your point I am a vegetarian and I have been for 7 years now. I believe strongly in animal rights. I am against fox hunting for the cruelty of it and because I think it is an inhume way to do it if you have to do it at all.
    can you describe the most humane way of catching and killing a fox and why hunting with dogs is inhumane?

If they were kill numerous people then I could understand hunting them more in a more humane way but they aren't.
    can you go over that again?

I personally think that we should try and find a comprimise that will not allow fox hunting but will keep the fox population down.
    are you naive(i refrain from using stupid) to believe that countless reports and studies have NOT been made into finding the effects of and possible remplacement methods of fox-culling?

ReputationRep:
    i don't think fox hunting should be banned because humans were made to hunt. do the people ever eat the fox?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i don't think fox hunting should be banned because humans were made to hunt. do the people ever eat the fox?
    We wern't made to as such. We had to maybe a couple of thousand years ago for food but times have completely changed.

You don't go hunting because you were made to, do you? You don't need to do so to survive. And if you're not going to eat it, what's the point of killing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Anthropologically speaking humans are more of a scavenger than a hunter.
    but they had to kill animals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    We wern't made to as such. We had to maybe a couple of thousand years ago for food but times have completely changed.

You don't go hunting because you were made to, do you? You don't need to do so to survive. And if you're not going to eat it, what's the point of killing it?
    no point. better than killing people though.errr.....don't kill me animal rights people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    no point. better than killing people though.errr.....don't kill me animal rights people
    Indeed, which we do not have to do either.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.