Turn on thread page Beta

Fox hunting is barbaric and should be banned. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Only relatively recently. Who eats foxes then?
    no i didn't say anyone did. i was just asking. i'm sure there are some radicals somewhere who do though

ReputationRep:
    If its edible people will eat it. I don't think many people in this country eat foxes though.
    me neither.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i don't think fox hunting should be banned because humans were made to hunt. do the people ever eat the fox?
    apart from being, as far as cruelty to animals goes, not horrific, it serves a purpose in the countryside and is a way of life to thousands. i think the 'proper' reason however is that ppl enjoy doing it and who is anyone else to stop them? and more importantly, what GOOD reasons HAVE THE linda mccartney lot got for banning it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    reasons HAVE THE linda mccartney lot got for banning it?
    Unless all forms of animal killing is banned, they can't complain.

ReputationRep:
    apart from being, as far as cruelty to animals goes, not horrific, it serves a purpose in the countryside and is a way of life to thousands. i think the 'proper' reason however is that ppl enjoy doing it and who is anyone else to stop them? and more importantly, what GOOD reasons HAVE THE linda mccartney lot got for banning it?
    i don't think it's very nice that people enjoy killing at all, but i see no reason to stop them in the case of foxes. it could be a lot worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Unless all forms of animal killing is banned, they can't complain.

True. The point I always raise is that Cattle etc are raised with the sole purpose of becoming meat which is far worse IMO than hunting an animal to death. Organic meat is almost just as bad, at the end of the day the animal is going to get it one way or another whether it has had a 'nice' free range life or penned up.

At least the fox has a chance of surviving, and in most cases they do, I think only 1 in 3 hunts is succesful. Anybody who eats meat and then complains about fox hunting needs to look at themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    True. The point I always raise is that Cattle etc are raised with the sole purpose of becoming meat which is far worse IMO than hunting an animal to death. Organic meat is almost just as bad, at the end of the day the animal is going to get it one way or another whether it has had a 'nice' free range life or penned up.

At least the fox has a chance of surviving, and in most cases they do, I think only 1 in 3 hunts is succesful. Anybody who eats meat and then complains about fox hunting needs to look at themselves.
    anyone who owns a pet and complains about fox hunting needs to look at themselves.

ReputationRep:
    anyone who owns a pet and complains about fox hunting needs to look at themselves.
    Very true. I have a very weird pet which is an owl. It has to eat live food, why dont people complain about me buying live mice to feed to my pet? Probably because a mouse isnt as pretty and has a bushy tail. Aww, how sweet. Also of course it isnt connected to the upper classes killing mouse reall is it, so who cares.

ReputationRep:

Yup. Organic meat is a joke, it makes it sound like it's not real meat and the animal gave up their life for our burgers.

Have you ever been on a hunt?

ReputationRep:
    Very true. I have a very weird pet which is an owl. It has to eat live food, why dont people complain about me buying live mice to feed to my pet? Probably because a mouse isnt as pretty and has a bushy tail. Aww, how sweet. Also of course it isnt connected to the upper classes killing mouse reall is it, so who cares.
    hehe, like why do ppl like dolphins so much? its not a smile!!!

the point about anti-fox hunting being really all about getting one over on the upper classes is pretty accurate.

ReputationRep:
    What? My cats are very happy.

ReputationRep:
    What? My cats are very happy.
    because u think they are?
    the cows fed steroids and packed in together probably are too..theyve lived like that all their life.

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Organic meat is a joke, it makes it sound like it's not real meat and the animal gave up their life for our burgers.

Have you ever been on a hunt?

Lol. Yes twice. A couple of my mates are into it bad style. The same friends I go shooting with. One owns a fair bit of land with lovely pheasants to shoot on their land, so I have shot animals on occasions for food but I would never kill one randomly.

There is a certain buzz you get from the 'hunt' but I personally hate riding horses so its not for me.

ReputationRep:
    If its edible people will eat it. I don't think many people in this country eat foxes though.
    Perhaps that's the whole problem.

Maybe the government could spend some money trying to convince the public how "nutricious and delicious" fox flesh really is (tastes a bit like chicken no doubt) and we could become a nation of fox eaters.

That way, we could cull the foxes and enjoy a hearty meal at the same time, thus killing two birds (or rather foxes) with the same stone.

And nobody would have any further reason to bleat on about it.

ReputationRep:
    hehe, like why do ppl like dolphins so much? its not a smile!!!

the point about anti-fox hunting being really all about getting one over on the upper classes is pretty accurate.
    Absolutely. It's more about class envy than fox welfare.

ReputationRep:
    because u think they are?
    the cows fed steroids and packed in together probably are too..theyve lived like that all their life.
    They are, if they don't like it they are free to leave at anytime. And I wont kill them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Perhaps that's the whole problem.

Maybe the government could spend some money trying to convince the public how "nutricious and delicious" fox flesh really is (tastes a bit like chicken no doubt) and we could become a nation of fox eaters.

That way, we could cull the foxes and enjoy a hearty meal at the same time, thus killing two birds (or rather foxes) with the same stone.

And nobody would have any further reason to bleat on about it.
    Yes, I think we should all go to France actually and have a big demo on the fact that they eat Horses.

Save the planet!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Yes twice. A couple of my mates are into it bad style. The same friends I go shooting with. One owns a fair bit of land with lovely pheasants to shoot on their land, so I have shot animals on occasions for food but I would never kill one randomly.

There is a certain buzz you get from the 'hunt' but I personally hate riding horses so its not for me.
    :eek: I am a little suprised by that...

But hey you're a country lad so...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think we should all go to France actually and have a big demo on the fact that they eat Horses.

Save the planet!!!!
    Hug them ancient oaks my brother!

ReputationRep:
    Horse meat is tasty! Its interesting how we consider some animals ok to eat and others not, when other cultures may think exactly the reverse to us.
    Chinese people eat Alsations don't you know?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.