Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Horse meat is tasty! Its interesting how we consider some animals ok to eat and others not, when other cultures may think exactly the reverse to us.
    Eww, horse? I've never even tasted lamb, duck... or pigeon. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Horse meat is tasty! Its interesting how we consider some animals ok to eat and others not, when other cultures may think exactly the reverse to us.

I've had some weird meat in my time. I have had crocodile when I was in Aus which was actually quite nice and Elk when I was in Norway, although that was illegal apparenltly, it still tasted nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Chinese people eat Alsations don't you know?
    And apparently, Aboriginal people in Australia eat "widgidy (I hope that's spelt right) grubs" which are basically big ole fat maggots that live under rocks and tree bark.

Amazing!

ReputationRep:
    People from Alsace or the dogs? I'll eat anything if it tastes nice.
    Not sure. Dogs I think.

ReputationRep:
    You're missing out. They are all nice.
    Nooo, I'd rather not... and let others live with the guilt

Don't they do kangeroo in the Walkabout? Or is it alligator?

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to go to Aus for croc! 'Walkabout' do croc and kangaroo. Yum!

I know but its imported. Actually I fancy kangaroo. I'm going to Walkabout 2moz to watch the rugby. I shall have some.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Nooo, I'd rather not... and let others live with the guilt

Don't they do kangeroo in the Walkabout? Or is it alligator?

I dont think you get alligators in AUs. They are the America's version of the croc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I dont think you get alligators in AUs. They are the America's version of the croc.
    Hehe, I never know the difference between them.

But still I'd rather eat my own thumb than a croc...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you obviously didn't watch "I'm a celebrity get me out of here". They don't look particularly appetising when they are still alive...
    No, but there was a fantastic show years ago called "Bush Tucker Man" Do you remember it? I first learned about wiggidy grubs from that show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Hehe, I never know the difference between them.

But still I'd rather eat my own thumb than a croc...

It tastes nice. The easiset way to tell if its a croc I think (Steve Irwin's program obviously) is that Alligators are darker and much smaller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    No, but there was a fantastic show years ago called "Bush Tucker Man" Do you remember it? I first learned about wiggidy grubs from that show.
    Its still on Discovery channel. My dad wathces it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Its still on Discovery channel. My dad wathces it.
    I loved that show! "Les somebody or other" his name was. An SAS major driving around in a landrover through rugged landscapes with great names like "Arnhemland" and living off beatles. Terrific viewing.

ReputationRep:
    It's not about class envy at all. It's about the people that have enough of a conscience to think about how much fear and stress the fox must go through while it's being chased and being ripped apart by dogs. Anyone who sees this as a sport is sick! Infact I rememeber seeing a documentary on it where the lead huntsman spotted a fox cub in it's set and ordered for it to be burried alive! Shows you the kind of people that do it.

Yes there are many other cruel things done to animals but just because of this it doesn't mean you can ignore it! Banning fox hunting would be a step in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    It's not about class envy at all. It's about the people that have enough of a conscience to think about how much fear and stress the fox must go through while it's being chased and being ripped apart by dogs. Anyone who sees this as a sport is sick!
    hehe..oh the open-mind, a beautiful thing..

Infact I rememeber seeing a documentary on it where the lead huntsman spotted a fox cub in it's set and ordered for it to be burried alive! Shows you the kind of people that do it.
    they all do that i admit it. sometimes they even boil the fox alive while cursing its family..

Yes there are many other cruel things done to animals but just because of this it doesn't mean you can ignore it! Banning fox hunting would be a step in the right direction.
    which direction is that though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    It's not about class envy at all. It's about the people that have enough of a conscience to think about how much fear and stress the fox must go through while it's being chased and being ripped apart by dogs. Anyone who sees this as a sport is sick!

Indeed it isn't nice at all. I agree it is quite sick.

But still if your going to ban hunting ban slaughtering. I do hope you don't actually eat meat whilst your saying all this.

ReputationRep:
    Vienna95 do u ever make a half sensible post? Or just your twatish ones that make u look like a prick!

they all do that i admit it. sometimes they even boil the fox alive while cursing its family..
    Glad you found the fact that somone did that funny... I didn't say all people do that. Just that it shows u the mentality of these people.

which direction is that though?
    Hmmm.. lets see, it would be a step in the right direction for improved animal rights perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    Vienna95 do u ever make a half sensible post? Or just your twatish ones that make u look like a prick!

Glad you found the fact that somone did that funny... I didn't say all people do that. Just that it shows u the mentality of these people.

Hmmm.. lets see, it would be a step in the right direction for improved animal rights perhaps?

Lets make everyone drive cars at 1 mph then? That would save thousands of animals lifes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)

I'll tell you what I hate... when people say "I am an animal lover", my whole wider family says it and they like their lamb and burgers. Sure... I can accept "demisticated-animal lovers"

And I hate it when people boast about what different animals they have tried like it's really big, macho and clever... but I seriously don't rate it.

Maybe I should post my rant in the animal subforum.

ReputationRep:
    I find it rather upsetting that there can be so many cruel and careless people in this world.

Causing a harmless creature to be **** scared for its life until it either out runs a huge group of dogs and horses, or is destroyed in a manner which I can't even bring myself to describe.

I'm not a religious man myself but I do believe that we should respect all creatures great and small of this planet. If a person has the need to kill for amusement, what type of person does that make them? Brutal, Murderous, Evil,...?

The people who are responsible for such an act should be deeply ashamed of what you have become and search for a new form of amusement. If you like the chase, how about motor or horse racing? There are many forms of real sports which involve a chase that can be conducted in the country which do not deliberately harm the lives of innocent victims.

Another note: Many people compare hunting with slaughting of cattle for food. I think this process is also creul and gruesome, but the process is handled in a humane way, no tortune or noticable panic on most occasions. No chases involved.

Tosh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToshTrent)
    I find it rather upsetting that there can be so many cruel and careless people in this world.

Causing a harmless beautiful creature to be **** scared for its life until it either out runs a huge group of dogs and horses, or is destroyed in a manner which I can't even bring myself to describe.

I'm not a religious man myself but I do believe that we should respect all creatures great and small of this planet. If a person has the need to kill for amusement, what type of person does that make them? Brutal, Murderous, Evil,...?

The people who are responsible for such an act should be deeply ashamed of what you have become and search for a new form of amusement. If you like the chase, how about motor or horse racing? There are many forms of real sports which involve a chase that can be conducted in the country which do not deliberately harm the lives of innocent victims.

Another note: Many people compare hunting with slaughting of cattle for food. I think this process is also creul and gruesome, but the process is handled in a humane way, no tortune or noticable panic on most occasions. No chases involved.

Tosh
    Again, should we put a speed limit on all cars to 1 m.p.h?

Just think of all them aninals after being hit that suffer in agony for hours before they die. People should be ashamed of themselves killing pigeons and gods other fine creatures.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.