Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A vote for the sexiest girl in UKL...
    even in intellectual circles women are seen as sex symbols even if it is figuratively...
    i suppose in this case the sex appeal has to do with the mind and not the body!! alas!! we have evolved to the days when not only women bodies are seen as objects but their minds as well.

I guess living in a patriarchal society it is virtually impossible for women to be seen as truly equal to men. Implicitly embedded in society is the view that one of women's main role is to provide pleasure to the men!!
    Even if evolution has caused it to be intellectual as well!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)
    even in intellectual circles women are seen as sex symbols even if it is figuratively...
    i suppose in this case the sex appeal has to do with the mind and not the body!! alas!! we have evolved to the days when not only women bodies are seen as objects but their minds as well.

I guess living in a patriarchal society it is virtually impossible for women to be seen as truly equal to men. Implicitly embedded in society is the view that one of women's main role is to provide pleasure to the men!!
    There was a sexiest male thread a few months ago so it all seems to balance out but i guess when there is likely to be around 2000 male members of the forum, nearly al teenagers, you are likely to get some lusting hormone pumped ones It's only a bit of fun.

ReputationRep:
    oh dear....i see intellectual over load

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    uh huh lol, i see it too.

ReputationRep:
    so who is the sexiest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)

feisty little thing aren't you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    uh huh lol, i see it too.
    it may seem a bit trivial even down right funny, but it is a reality that many choose to ignore...
    h/w i am not waging a campaign for female equality, but I am not oblivious to the situation as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)

I think it's YOU with the problem, you call it the objectification of women....why? Surely the outward appearance of woman, or any person is something to be respected just like we respect intelligence, personality and athletic ability.

Shouldn't you consider the "sexiest girl" as putting women ahead of men. I assume you're a girl because you obviously don't understand the true effect of the sight of a beautiful female form on a male.

If all women really wanted equality they would dress up like men and try to make themselves less attractive to put themselves on equal par with men. But the only women who want to do such a thing is ugly feminists feel the need to disparage the sexy women.

Btw it isn't the women's role to provide pleasure, I reckon it's the otherway around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vertago)
    so who is the sexiest?
    i think the boys will never come to a conclusion since they cant decide .. (and maybe the longer they keep their options open the more chance theyll have at successfully flirting with us!?!) sorry! im clearly very cynical!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)

scuse me? perhaps you failed to notice the male sexiest member poll yesterday. click the '' smiley in my sig to see. go preach to germaine greer.

(Original post by MattG)
    he's just putting across his views, just because people like you are intellectually challenged, doesn't mean for you to critisize his opinionated thoughts on the issue

ReputationRep:
    X Cuse me!! I know exactly what I am talking about and dont think that regarding a woman as sexy is putting her on equal footing with men. it is the perception that is essential. She is not seen in her own individuality but rather as a target conquest. come on people, the power struggle between the sexes has been from time immemorial and can be termed the 'sexist contract' as it favours the desires of men!!

take a look in the media SEX sells and the vendors are predominantly women!!- adverts movies etc. women's sexuality has been used to achieve many ends and ultimately it is geared toward the pleasure of men.

but i am not naive. Women have also used their sexuality to manipulate men as well (it is a theory that most men are weak when it comes to the allure of the female web)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)
    X Cuse me!! I know exactly what I am talking about and dont think that regarding a woman as sexy is putting her on equal footing with men. it is the perception that is essential. She is not seen in her own individuality but rather as a target conquest. come on people, the power struggle between the sexes has been from time immemorial and can be termed the 'sexist contract' as it favours the desires of men!!

take a look in the media SEX sells and the vendors are predominantly women!!- adverts movies etc. women's sexuality has been used to achieve many ends and ultimately it is geared toward the pleasure of men.

but i am not naive. Women have also used their sexuality to manipulate men as well (it is a theory that most men are weak when it comes to the allure of the female web)
    *cue evil laugh*

mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)
    isn't that a sugar-coated way of saying all women are prostitutes? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattori)
    I think it's YOU with the problem, you call it the objectification of women....why? Surely the outward appearance of woman, or any person is something to be respected just like we respect intelligence, personality and athletic ability.

. I assume you're a girl because you obviously don't understand the true effect of the sight of a beautiful female form on a male.

If all women really wanted equality they would dress up like men and try to make themselves less attractive to put themselves on equal par with men. But the only women who want to do such a thing is ugly feminists feel the need to disparage the sexy women.

Btw it isn't the women's role to provide pleasure, I reckon it's the otherway around.
    thanks for proving my point in your statement!!
    A) be honest, in society how many men actually 'respect' a woman's sex appeal or do majority try and compete with their friends to see who can 'lay' the sexiest woman? How many men have harassed women because they are seen as sexy and as such deemed to be 'a slapper'... I know of cases where women have been raped because she was 'asking for it' by dressing SEXY!!

B)your point about the effect of a beautiful female on a male!! What effect are you talking about? surely you dont mean intellectual stimulation...

lets be real shall we...
    we dont have to rant and rave but the issues are staring us in the face!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa12)
    he's just putting across his views, just because people like you are intellectually challenged, doesn't mean for you to critisize his opinionated thoughts on the issue
    oh get a grip, it was a joke. jesus. fact is when i read this i was reading a handmaids tale, in which i had to read 40 odd pages for tomorrows lesson. what she is discussing comes up in our debates about the novel so at that point i was sick and tired of it.

"like you are intellectually challenged" ha ha ha, if that makes you feel better you can lower yourself to insults

ReputationRep:
    The Handmaid's tale is a damn good novel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    The Handmaid's tale is a damn good novel.
    it sure is, but my class is me and my male friend versus 4 female students and a female teacher. its like a bloody female coffee morning in which males get slated...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    isn't that a sugar-coated way of saying all women are prostitutes? :P

if that is a view it could be said that men are pimps

and customers of the sex trade!!

in that case all would be guilty parties!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    it sure is, but my class is me and my male friend versus 4 female students and a female teacher. its like a bloody female coffee morning in which males get slated...
    Blimey, I know what you mean. When I did it for A-Level there was 4 blokes and about 15 girls. Every teacher in the department was a woman, so there was a feminist agenda going on a bit. We studied The Handmaids tale and then Carol Ann Duffy Who should be poet laureate but isn't for a few silly reasons.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.