Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)
    if that is a view it could be said that men are pimps

and customers of the sex trade!!

in that case all would be guilty parties!!
    yes but it could be said that men usually come out on top (no pun intended)

ReputationRep:
    Guess which view would be hard to downplay?

men are seen as superior to women: PATRIARCHY- MALE DOMINANCE!!

a woman's place in society has improved over the years but there never is or shall there be equality for females from hence forth even for eva more!!

the glass ceiling of female liberation is not even cracked much more broken!!

the whole idea of sex appeal was designed by men for their pleasure as women compete with each other in gaining the affection of their male counterparts!!

if men could understand the effort that women put in to look sexy and 'hot' for them...then and only then will they begin to appreciate female sexuality!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    scuse me? perhaps you failed to notice the male sexiest member poll yesterday. click the '' smiley in my sig to see. go preach to germaine greer.
    Nik you have revealed the man behind the name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    yes but it could be said that men usually come out on top (no pun intended)
    none taken. not necessarily only if you speak to the victimization of women which would prove my initial point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)
    Guess which view would be hard to downplay?

men are seen as superior to women: PATRIARCHY- MALE DOMINANCE!!

a woman's place in society has improved over the years but there never is or shall there be equality for females from hence forth even for eva more!!

the glass ceiling of female liberation is not even cracked much more broken!!

the whole idea of sex appeal was designed by men for their pleasure as women compete with each other in gaining the affection of their male counterparts!!

if men could understand the effort that women put in to look sexy and 'hot' for them...then and only then will they begin to appreciate female sexuality!!
    Sorry to burst your bubble seana - though you make some excellent points - but women are just as bad as men - if not worse - the reality is the ogling of either sex is a daily occurence be it in a circle of male-friends discussing their conquests or a party of female-friends discussing who was the best shag - I think you will find that the views you have are a touch overcooked and more suited to the 70s when women burned their bras and embraced feminism - however the 90s embraced 'Girl Power' and really i think u'll find that women are on a par with men in the love stakes as it were - indeed there are a number of Ladettes that can drink more than the lads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    Nik you have revealed the man behind the name
    welcome...u havent been seen around these parts for quite some time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    welcome...u havent been seen around these parts for quite some time!
    thank you for your warmth - i have somewhat relented with my posting because of work commitments - but i have found time this evening to impress and woo the girls this evening...

ReputationRep:
    thank you for your warmth - i have somewhat relented with my posting because of work commitments - but i have found time this evening to impress and woo the girls this evening...
    lol..u shudda been around last nite...madness....!

ReputationRep:
    Kurdt, one of my favourite people, how are you this evening?

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm... What happened the other night after dazya called most ukl girls ugly? All the post had been deleted! (on members pictures)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    Kurdt, one of my favourite people, how are you this evening?
    I am great - thank you for asking what do you think of the way women are treated by us men?

ReputationRep:
    lol - who was the troublemaker?

ReputationRep:
    I am great - thank you for asking what do you think of the way women are treated by us men?

Well it the women own fault for not standing up and been strong for themselfs! I hate weak people, if a man is giving it to you, you give it back as good as you get, or just leave.

Some men are just plain rude, but not all men and I know alot of girls/women who just treat men as a piece of meat, its not just men.

ReputationRep:
    Well it the women own fault for not standing up and been strong for themselfs! I hate weak people, if a man is giving it to you, you give it back as good as you get, or just leave.

Some men are just plain rude, but not all men and I know alot of girls/women who just treat men as a piece of meat, its not just men.
    hehe - i dont get problems like that because i am the strong silent type...

ReputationRep:
    juwel and bono were being dirrrrrrrrrrty....
    and omg...Custard...DazYa sed he thort i was "cute"

ReputationRep:

u no wat tho...i reckon we shud have equality of oppurtunity but i must say i like it when lads hold the door open...all chivalry stuff...u no?

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't seen you, you've seen me, its only fair!

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't seen you, you've seen me, its only fair!
    im on ]{ingnik's member pic thread now..as of yday...
    x

ReputationRep:
    :eek: juwel being dirty? never saw that coming - did he talk about carpet-munching as usual - he is a bit too open

ReputationRep:
    u no wat tho...i reckon we shud have equality of oppurtunity but i must say i like it when lads hold the door open...all chivalry stuff...u no?
    My teacher was laughing because i was sat with tom, and she said 'oh Honey, I like tom, he's a nice mannered boy'

then she started going on about how a 14 year old old girl doesn't want a nice mannered boy, but I do, aslong as they are not weak!

Love it when they are respectful, and well have manners.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.