Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else had had an offer from Bradford Uni for Pharmacy starting in 2013

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheToothFairy :))
    Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else had had an offer from Bradford Uni for Pharmacy starting in 2013
    yeah me but pharmacy is my backup choice . i really liked bradford uni and the course sounds really good! did you apply for the 5 year course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnight_sun)
    yeah me but pharmacy is my backup choice . i really liked bradford uni and the course sounds really good! did you apply for the 5 year course?
    No I applied for the 4 year course because I'm not sure pharmacy is what I actually want to do, but I may change my mind when I actually start the course. What was your offer if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    No I applied for the 4 year course because I'm not sure pharmacy is what I actually want to do, but I may change my mind when I actually start the course. What was your offer if you don't mind me asking?

Iv'e done my A-levels so got an unconditional offer

ReputationRep:
    Iv'e done my A-levels so got an unconditional offer
    Ahhh I see, what else have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I see, what else have you applied for?

Iv'e applied to dentistry. is pharmacy your 1st choice?

ReputationRep:
    Iv'e applied to dentistry. is pharmacy your 1st choice?
    Yes it is now, I originally wanted to do dentistry but I unfortunately didn't get the grades

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is now, I originally wanted to do dentistry but I unfortunately didn't get the grades
    oh, sorry to hear that. why dont you resit? i ve come across a few people who are resitting exams this year to get the grades, but tbh I never knew some unis accept resits.
    so do you have an offer for pharmacy?

ReputationRep:
    oh, sorry to hear that. why dont you resit? i ve come across a few people who are resitting exams this year to get the grades, but tbh I never knew some unis accept resits.
    so do you have an offer for pharmacy?
    I resat an entire year last year, so alot of unis won't take me for dentistry anyway I have one offer from Bradford so far and 2 rejections

ReputationRep:
    I resat an entire year last year, so alot of unis won't take me for dentistry anyway I have one offer from Bradford so far and 2 rejections
    are you on a gap year or at uni.
    could i also ask what you got for your a levels?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not on a gap year, I'm in my my final year of 6th form, I resat year 12. So I haven't got my a-level results yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heyy everyone i'm really confused about the 4 yr and 5 year course at Bradford and dno which to choose even though I've read about both of them I haven't gained much info from Bradford uni's site. If anyone could tell me about why each would be good that would be appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The 4 year course doesn't include a year of pre-reg, whereas the 5 year course is a sandwich course that includes a pre-reg year. If you want to be a working pharmacist when you leave uni, then I suggest you apply for the 5 year course xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi, i initially applied for clinical sciences but i got rejected for that. however they offered me an interview which is next month. i was just wondering if someone could tell me what this entails as i don't fully understand the attachment.

ReputationRep:
    Are you wanting to know what the interview entails of what the course entails?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you wanting to know what the interview entails of what the course entails?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what the interview entails please

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have an interview next month, any tips? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so the Bradford applicant day consists of 3 main things, the course taster, the interview and the tour.

The interview is conducted in the same room as the taster and on each table there's 2 interviewers, a student interviewer and an academic interviewer. The interviews are 8 minutes long, the academic interviewer will ask you 3 questions and the student interviewer will ask you 2 questions.

Make sure you've done your research on the Bradford pharmacy course they'll definitely ask you why Bradford!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so the Bradford applicant day consists of 3 main things, the course taster, the interview and the tour.

The interview is conducted in the same room as the taster and on each table there's 2 interviewers, a student interviewer and an academic interviewer. The interviews are 8 minutes long, the academic interviewer will ask you 3 questions and the student interviewer will ask you 2 questions.

Make sure you've done your research on the Bradford pharmacy course they'll definitely ask you why Bradford!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello, I have an interview for Pharmacy at Bradford this week, what questions do they ask in the interview? Also, I am unsure whether to pick the 5 year course or the 4 year, what would you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    I was asked why pharmacy, why Bradford, how do my subjects tie into pharmacy, I got a list of 7 skills and then had to pick 2 that were relevant to me and talk about them, I was asked about drug trials, where do drugs come from, other people got asked what's the difference between a medicine and a drug and what is an enzyme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.