Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Going forsters heard its decent from friends already doing pharmacy

ReputationRep:
    also at forsters! anyone received an email for when to enrol online? or is it just me that hasnt..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miiroseh)
    also at forsters! anyone received an email for when to enrol online? or is it just me that hasnt..
    Just you i guess, you checked all you emails, you should of received texts too nagging u to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope nothing like that just an text to update me about the pharmacy induction program, I guess I'll have to email them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miiroseh)
    Nope nothing like that just an text to update me about the pharmacy induction program, I guess I'll have to email them...
    I didn't receive an e-mail too, but I logged onto e-vision and enrolled from the website.
    Here's the link to e-vision:
    https://evision.brad.ac.uk/

ReputationRep:
    Any1 know when were going to get the timetable?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got there timetable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wakaas)
    Hey did you manage to find the timetable?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wakaas)
    Any fellow pharmacy applicants that feel slightly out of the loop, i just found this:

https://www.facebook.com/LifeSciencesUg

http://www.brad.ac.uk/new-students/m...ramme-2013.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weasleys_jumper)
    any fellow pharmacy applicants that feel slightly out of the loop, i just found this:

https://www.facebook.com/lifesciencesug

http://www.brad.ac.uk/new-students/m...ramme-2013.pdf

posted from tsr mobile
    what a life saver!!!:e

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHEM AND BIO TIME!)
    what a life saver!!!:e
    haha you're welcome, if i hadn't come across that, i would have been going in on wednesday at 10.30am (which is when i enrol) and would have missed all of monday and tuesday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weasleys_jumper)
    haha you're welcome, if i hadn't come across that, i would have been going in on wednesday at 10.30am (which is when i enrol) and would have missed all of monday and tuesday!
    LOL yh same !!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

Well I am thinking of applying for pharmacy for 2014 at Bradford and was wondering how everyone is finding the university itself, the teaching, lecturers, facilities etc so far?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm wondering if anyone can offer me any advice/opinions. I want to apply to bradford pharmacy as a resit. I've achieved BCC and I'm predicted a (A) phycology (B) chemistry (B) biology and therefore (predicted ABB)
    do you think it's worth applying to bradford with the prediction(B) In chemistry they ask for (A,B) from two sciences ill probly get (B,B)
    Do you think these grades are fine ?

•  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    We introduced Team Based Learning in our new curriculum in 2012 and it has worked really well. Here’s a link to a video which explains more:

http://www.bradford.ac.uk/life-sciences/pharmacy/team-based-learning/

With regards to some of your specific queries…

Capability and reflections
    Being a competent pharmacist is much more than having a lot of knowledge. We have worked with employers to identify the skills required for practise as a pharmacist. During pre-registration training and throughout a pharmacist’s career you are required to submit reflective records on how you are continuing to develop. We start to prepare our students for this from Year 1, to improve performance in interviews. Our students are required to demonstrate how they are developing as a healthcare professional in the skills they will need in addition to their knowledge, including skills in communicating, collaborating, and educating others amongst others. Our students are asked to reflect on their experiences with patients and other healthcare professionals they meet out on placements.

Teaching
    We do things differently at Bradford School of Pharmacy. A typical timetable at Bradford School of Pharmacy is designed to ensure that you have enough time during a week to fit in learning in the classroom, learning independently and fitting in a social life! We believe that it is essential that the majority of your time in class in spent solving real life problems relating to pharmacy, after all this is what you are being trained to do. There is a better use of our students time than sitting in lectures listening to facts. Our students are provided with the knowledge content, before class, in the form of a directed reading pack, and are expected to read this before being assessed in a short test. Each topic is also supported by a staff-run support session, we ask our students to tailor the content of these by telling us which parts of the topic they have found most difficult so we can spend quality time focusing on these issues rather than simply lecturing on things that students find easy. Our students work hard all year round, our staff work hard all year round helping students to solve difficult problems in teams, just as you will as a pharmacist.

Having numerous tests throughout the year has a number of advantages. These tests count towards the end of year results reducing some of the pressure on students to perform well in end of year exams, our students are revising during revision period rather than learning content for the first time! We all learn best in different ways and our methods help to cater for this, the reading packs are interactive and tell our students which are core facts plus guide them to alternative sources of information, maybe a text book plus a video or a patient story, an animation, a series of case studies for example.

Pharmacy is a tough course and there is a lot to learn, our course is designed to help students remember the content by revisiting topics more than once in increasing depth and complexity. To best prepare our students to succeed each year we highlight to our students which are the most important concepts to take through to the next year. Having long summer breaks from university tends to lead to many students simply forgetting some of what they have learnt before. We have a small test at the start of year 2, year 3 and year 4 to reactivate all that knowledge from the previous year. Feedback from our current students highlight that they understand how this can be helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I need some tips for pharmacy interview plz can someone help and what's the interview like Thanks

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Postgraduate
    Sat, 3 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Nov '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.