Which one? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mittow
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Of course I believe n god, if there wasn’t a god u and me wont be here! This world won’t exist!
stuartw101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
really? what makes you think that?
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by stuartw101)
really? what makes you think that?
Nothing "needs" to make you think that. You just do or you don't. Black box theory of a sorts.
Daveo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mittow)
Of course I believe n god, if there wasn’t a god u and me wont be here! This world won’t exist!
How did life begin then?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
How did life begin then?
Maybe God said "make it so"
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mittow)
Despite that being a well-backed up claim with tons and tons of proof, I'm still laughing at the idea of someone believe the children's story of "god created the world in 7 days". Tell me you don't take this seriously, come on people who made this up were walking round smelling herbs to stop them catching diseases.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mik1a)
Despite that being a well-backed up claim with tons and tons of proof, I'm still laughing at the idea of someone believe the children's story of "god created the world in 7 days". Tell me you don't take this seriously, come on people who made this up were walking round smelling herbs to stop them catching diseases.
I don't think Mitto said he/she believed the world was created in seven days but who are you to say it didn't?

Is your brain and insight so well developed after having only climbed out of the trees a half second ago that you can categorically say it didn't happen?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Maybe God said "make it so"
God played by Patrick Stewart - now there's an mental image

Although in my head God will always have the voice of James Mason - Eddie Izzard has a lot to answer for
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
God played by Patrick Stewart - now there's an mental image
LOL - yeah wot a fantastic idea.
Baron
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
I don't think Mitto said he/she believed the world was created in seven days but who are you to say it didn't?

Is your brain and insight so well developed after having only climbed out of the trees a half second ago that you can categorically say it didn't happen?
thats why i dont believe in god, just because we don't know how the universe was created, it doesn't mean the big bang theory is true, but equally is doesn't mean that a god created the universe.
As we don't kow how the universe was created - i say i believe nothing
Mittow
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well who made u, and dont say ur mum!
okay then
who made the 1st man and woman- adam and eve
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Baron)
thats why i dont believe in god, just because we don't know how the universe was created, it doesn't mean the big bang theory is true, but equally is doesn't mean that a god created the universe.
As we don't kow how the universe was created - i say i believe nothing
We don't know lots of things. We don't know how a bumblebee flies. Based on our understanding of aeronautics it is impossible for this insect to fly. But it does.

The way I see it is this. The Christian Judeo tradition, Islam, Buddhism may all be thoroughly discredited as complete baloney. That still doesn't mean "there is no God" There might be.

If I believe in God and "whaddya fuc*in know?" I'm right, then maybe I shall reap my reward. If I'm wrong and I'm nothing more than food for worms then what actually have I lost? Nada!
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How can people who believe in the bible explain fossils and life before 5000 years ago?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Is God so petty as to give a stuff as to whether or not you believe in Him if he exists?
Maybe.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
How can people who believe in the bible explain fossils and life before 5000 years ago?
I think the people that believe in the strict interpretation of the bible are really a bunch of cranks.

As I said before, the whole Christian-Judeo tradition could be shown as baloney. BUT, we are talking about GOD's existance here, and not the mindless rantings of creationists.
Anarchy Heaven
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SHANDY)
For all those people who dont believe in God answer the creation of the universe.
well its quite a simple answer atchually there is no god in this dimension it is atchually belived our universe may of been a compleate accident
There are seperate dimensions but it is impossible to get to them but im not discussing that.
Two difrent dimensions collided they are shaped like hoops now when these two dimensions touched they created a ripple along the surface and then when they crossed this was the big bang and our universe sort of sprung up and the forced them apart and some people atchuall belive these three hoops are still interlinked with each other and that black holes are a breach in the dimensional fabric

I dont noe but it seems like a pretty solid theory to me it would exlain why there is no god and how our universe came to be :cool: :confused:
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I believe in heaven - my heaven is Pret a Manger.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Lol.

Doesn't this whole thing stem from our belief in our self-importance? The only species on Earth having sentient thought and God is reading all our minds especially and judging us for it. Seems daft to me. Are animals and plants here too just for our benefit? What happened to all the species that came before us, and people that lived before religion X was invented, did they all go to hell?
I'm not saying I personally believe in heaven or hell. Could all be *******s. Jesus might not have existed. Allah may be a hoax. Budda could have been based on a story about someone's overweight grandfather. Who knows?

But there still might be a GOD.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SHANDY)
And what caused the big bang?
nothing, because there was nothing before the big bang, it was simply a convenient beginning. equally you could ask what caused your god?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Anarchy Heaven)
well its quite a simple answer atchually there is no god in this dimension it is atchually belived our universe may of been a compleate accident
There are seperate dimensions but it is impossible to get to them but im not discussing that.
Two difrent dimensions collided they are shaped like hoops now when these two dimensions touched they created a ripple along the surface and then when they crossed this was the big bang and our universe sort of sprung up and the forced them apart and some people atchuall belive these three hoops are still interlinked with each other and that black holes are a breach in the dimensional fabric

I dont noe but it seems like a pretty solid theory to me it would exlain why there is no god and how our universe came to be :cool: :confused:
How does it seem a pretty solid theory? It's a theory I'll grant you. But really the idea isn't any more solid than the theory that GOD saying "let their be light"
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (190)
18.57%
No (620)
60.61%
Not really bothered about them (213)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed