The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Should I accept my offer ?

Should I apply if I am an indian for the economics degree at lancaster university

I fear racism as peope tell me there are white students who will not appreciate me efen though I am a very kind and mature guy.
Of course you should. I have heard Lancaster is fairly multicultural. I have an offer from Lancaster!

Race does not matter!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by oTNT-
Should I apply if I am an indian for the economics degree at lancaster university

I fear racism as peope tell me there are white students who will not appreciate me efen though I am a very kind and mature guy.

Go for it!

Their employment rate is fantastic. :smile:

Plus my parents are worried about racism too! Just be yourself and I'm sure you'll find some good mates. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I'm sure I've heard somewhere that Lancaster is one of the Unis with the highest % of international students.
Reply 4
If what you say is true, its the people that are racist that should do one, not you. Good luck with your application.
Reply 5
Thanks for the reply guys

The problem is I do have an offer but I live far from lancaster atleast 4 hours away but that does bothers me at all

I will be soending three years in Lancaster

Will it be worth it

I have to chose between Lancaster Uni and Brunel Uni
Original post by oTNT-

Hi, I live very near to Lancaster and am often in the university library. The university is very multicultural and there are always international society events going on, like trips to different UK cities, which anyone can go on. Also, the people in Lancaster are really friendly, I don't think you need to worry about racism. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by feathergirl
Hi, I live very near to Lancaster and am often in the university library. The university is very multicultural and there are always international society events going on, like trips to different UK cities, which anyone can go on. Also, the people in Lancaster are really friendly, I don't think you need to worry about racism. :smile:

Thanks
This is making me more confident
I hope I find people like you
Lol u seem friendly
Reply 8
The university is very multicultural! Particularly in the management school (i.e. including economics) there are A LOT of international students. I know for some of the modules there are more international students than there are domestic students. Also Lancaster is one of the safest campuses in the UK. Admittedly I am white, but I genuinely haven't heard of an incident of racism at the uni in my two years here. It is a brilliant uni and I definitely wouldn't worry about racism here.
The university has a very multicultural and cosmopolitan feel. From my own experience (just one term) people tend just to mix with people, and not discriminate - as they should. Lancaster has one of the highest proportions of international students in the UK, and I have not once seen, nor heard through gossip of an instance of racism. If your course looks good, and you think you'll enjoy it (I think you will, it's fantastic) then don't let this put you off.
Reply 10
Like everyone else has said, the uni is so multicultural!

Do not worry about racism.

The university works hard to put a stop to it when it rears its ugly head. Don't not consider going here because you are worried about something like that. It is what you make it of university that counts- coming out with a good degree and a good group of friends!
Don't worry. I live in Pendle College and there are plenty of internationals here alone. I've never heard of any problems. It's also a big enough university to find friends in.
Reply 12
Of the the Uni's i've visited, this is the most multicultural, and it's a comfortable place for people to come and study. You shouldn't really have a problem!
Reply 13
I live in lancaster and have done for 17 years. It's a lovely little city and I'd say pretty multicultural. There maybe some tiny bits of racism, but then again wherever you go they will be because of the variation in people, but overall it's a lovely city. I want to move though because its quite small and fairly limited

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending