The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any thoughts?
Reply 2
It really doesn't matter what others think about your relationship. Follow your heart. :smile:
Can't see anything wrong with that
Reply 4
Nope. You're both above of legal age and I should hope, have a certain level of maturity.
Yep, just a little. Only because you'd both be at different stages in your life, presuming this was to be a serious relationship. If it's casual, then it's all good.
Reply 6
Nope age is just a number :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Londonred
Nope age is just a number :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

And jail is just a room.

OP, yeah that's fine!
Reply 8
Thanks everyone :smile: I'm not sure if its casual or not since its early days, but I'm going to uni next year so that might get in the way.

Also, he is a teacher (NOT at the school I went to) which some people find weird. But I'm friends with people that age so I don't find it that weird.
Reply 9
Original post by Denacio
And jail is just a room.

OP, yeah that's fine!

So is a bedroom?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Kinda desperate for a 27 year old to do that tbh
Yes, it's fine. As long as it's legal, I don't see why anyone would ever have a problem with an age difference - if you like each other, what difference does it make?
I work with someone who's 21 and in a relationship with a 32-year-old. They've been together for about 4 years now.
When I got with my partner, I was 19 and he was 29. We are both at the same stage in our lives though (both at uni) so it is a little different to your situation but if you make each other happy what should it matter what the people of TSR/anyone else think?

Just so you know, I had my doubts at first but turns out two years down the line, it's working out a dream, we are happy and that is all that matters to us :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Nothing wrong with it as long as he ain't married or anything like that, not like he's 45.
Meh, I'm 19 years old and my boyfriend is just turned 28 (he was 27 when we started going out and I was still 19) and one of my best friends is 19 and her boyfriend is also 27/28. I don't find it weird, my parents don't care about the age gap, none of my friends care either.
Original post by 2ndClass

why?

Maybe he likes her, maybe they have a lot in common, get on well, support each other

there both adults and 8 years is hardly a large amount
As others have pointed out, it's legal. If you like each other, don't care about what others think.
Original post by 2ndClass

I agree its more an issue for the 27 year old. There's nothing wrong with it but I would be a bit embarrassed about having a girlfriend that was still a teenager, if she was still 19.

27 and 21, somehow seems a lot different from 27 and 19.

In a few years time it won't matter so much though, eg 23 and 30 is no biggie.
Reply 19
Nope, because I already know people in relationships with age gaps like that and so I think I'm used to it. I guess, you see in someone what you see in someone, and age is not an obstacle really, unless it's illegal.

Latest

Trending

Trending