The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013

Giggity giggity - for the second year in a row I am going to be the first to kick off this thread :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
I'm glad this thread has started, I was tempted to start it myself, but glad it's done.

Feeling confident for this year?

Good luck to all :biggrin:
Reply 3
Hope everyone's enjoying filling out the early chancery applications.

Here's a dumb question: when chambers ask that you only email in applications, must we print out the form to sign it and scan it back on and send it (this seems overly complicated. would it be sent as a pdf instead of word doc, then? I suppose...), or, should we just type our names in, as everything else is typed?

How I wish the little things were specified.
Reply 4
A side note: I'm working in Hong Kong for the year. Here's hoping that some chambers are willing to do phone interviews, though I've already seen several which, on their 'how to apply' pages, note that they will not accept non face-to-face interviews. Delightful.
Reply 5
Original post by crimson88
Hope everyone's enjoying filling out the early chancery applications.

Here's a dumb question: when chambers ask that you only email in applications, must we print out the form to sign it and scan it back on and send it (this seems overly complicated. would it be sent as a pdf instead of word doc, then? I suppose...), or, should we just type our names in, as everything else is typed?

How I wish the little things were specified.

hey, from my previous experience, just typing your name on it was always fine for me :smile:
All I want for Christmas....a scholarship interview at my Inn?

Merry Christmas! :cracker:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by travellingbird
All I want for Christmas....a scholarship interview at my Inn?

Merry Christmas! :cracker:

Which Inn have you applied to ? :smile:
Bump.
Has anyone heard anything at all from 1MCB? I hate postal applications for this reason! Not even had an acknowledgement!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 10
well, that didn't take long. 4 new square rejections out, via email.
Reply 11
Anyone heard from St Pauls in Leeds?
Anyone know what to expect from an interview at Guildhall Chambers?Thanks.
Original post by scavo86
Giggity giggity - for the second year in a row I am going to be the first to kick off this thread :wink:

Glad to see the traditional pupillage thread being alive and kicking for another season of Pupillage Gateway madness, nervous shuffling of papers prior to that all-important pupillage interview, scholarship applications and the customary wails of sadness/expressions of joy on Decision Day.

On a more serious note, I wish everyone (despite the fact that we are, technically speaking, competitors) well for their pupillage season!

Happy hunting!
I know this is remarkably early for criminal sets, but as I was one of the lucky ones last year I thought I'd pop back again this year and offer to lend a hand.

Please do feel free to send me a pm if you think it would be helpful.
Reply 15
Original post by ziezou
Anyone heard from St Pauls in Leeds?

No news and I know none of my friends have heard either. If I remember we're they only contacting the successful applicants? Has anyone heard from 2 Dr Johnsons buildings post first round?
Reply 16
Hi everyone, the old 2012 has gone very quiet on this but has anyone heard from 1MCB yet?
Reply 17
Hi!

Does anyone have any experience of interviewing at Northampton Chambers? If so, any advice on what should be expected from a first round?

Many thanks.
Original post by Innerchap
Hi everyone, the old 2012 has gone very quiet on this but has anyone heard from 1MCB yet?

Nothing...... not one thing. :frown:
Reply 19
I've also heard nowt from 1MCB. Was expecting something by now, I must admit.

Quick Reply

Latest