The Student Room Group

2013-2014 Cambridge MPhil in Finance and Economics Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by haozil
I have no gre or gGMAT:smile:

Congrats!! Could you share your profile?
Original post by x1annn
Congrats!! Could you share your profile?

Predicted first from Warwick Econs.
Reply 62
Hi Guys,

When do you think will start to find out about offers and rejections?

Thanks
Reply 63
Someone got an offer today from Economics Department, It seems like the department starts to wake up...=))
Reply 64
Original post by Kostopintos
Someone got an offer today from Economics Department, It seems like the department starts to wake up...=))

Do you know when he/she applied???
Reply 65
This person applied just before Christmas, but the profile is very strong, probably that's way an offer came relativelly early...
Reply 66
This person applied just before Christmas, but the profile is very strong, probably that's way an offer came relativelly early...

What do you think Cambridge concerns most ? Is it academic result?
I have a 2-year average of 85 (83 in year1 86 in year 2) top 2 in math with economics at UCL .
Do I have a good chance or just average :frown:
Reply 67
Original post by Serena9201
I have a 2-year average of 85 (83 in year1 86 in year 2) top 2 in math with economics at UCL .

I get the impression Cambridge loves people at or near the top of their class. Unless your references were awful, I'd venture that you have a very good chance.
Applied on 14th Jan and received offer on 4th Feb. May be because I am already in Cambridge.
Reply 69
Original post by Dumb Economist
Applied on 14th Jan and received offer on 4th Feb. May be because I am already in Cambridge.

Amazing! Congratz!

I assume so, plus probably you have strong academic record, above 67?

Thanks
Reply 70

Hi,

I belive academic result is the most important, and that your average is so high and 2 nd of the class is amazing!

You will get in soonish!

When did u apply?

Thanks
Amazing! Congratz!

I assume so, plus probably you have strong academic record, above 67?

Thanks

Close.... but barely :tongue:
Reply 72

My friend had 87 in first yr and 82 in the second year studying Statistics at UCL and received the offer 2 weeks ago. I guess you will receive it soon
Reply 73
Hi,

I belive academic result is the most important, and that your average is so high and 2 nd of the class is amazing!

You will get in soonish!

When did u apply?

Thanks

Thanks ! My references were just handed in on 25th Jan..quite close to the deadline. So I assume that I won't hear anything at least until March.
Reply 74
Original post by x1annn
My friend had 87 in first yr and 82 in the second year studying Statistics at UCL and received the offer 2 weeks ago. I guess you will receive it soon

Thanks for the information. Do u know when your friend applied ?
Reply 75
Course: MPhil Finance and Economics
Applied: 14 of December
Completed application: 17th of December
Waitlisted: 11th of February

Just got an email for MPhil Finance and Economics saying basically:

My application has been considered, but not final decision has been made, therefore, my application is on hold until all applications are considered, and in April all applications which were on hold will be reconsidered and final decision will be made.

What do you think guys? My chances?
Has anyone herd before that people from hold category had been accepted in the Economics department?

Thanks
Reply 76
Course: MPhil Finance and Economics
Applied: 14 of December
Completed application: 17th of December
Waitlisted: 11th of February

Just got an email for MPhil Finance and Economics saying basically:

My application has been considered, but not final decision has been made, therefore, my application is on hold until all applications are considered, and in April all applications which were on hold will be reconsidered and final decision will be made.

What do you think guys? My chances?
Has anyone herd before that people from hold category had been accepted in the Economics department?

Thanks

Yes - but it's impossible to say what your chances are without knowing how many people are being held and how many offers have already been made (probably, a relatively small number of the most outstanding applicants). The good news is that you weren't an outright rejection!
Reply 77
Original post by sj27
Yes - but it's impossible to say what your chances are without knowing how many people are being held and how many offers have already been made (probably, a relatively small number of the most outstanding applicants). The good news is that you weren't an outright rejection!

Great analysis, to me what you are saying makes perfect sense.

So far i know only 2 more people who are held at waiting list, one from LSE ( x1annn) mentioned in this thread, and one of my classmates at my university.

Yeah, and I am pleased that I haven't been rejected straight away...

Thanks
Reply 78
I don't even have a comfort email........ as I applied
Great analysis, to me what you are saying makes perfect sense.

So far i know only 2 more people who are held at waiting list, one from LSE ( x1annn) mentioned in this thread, and one of my classmates at my university.

Yeah, and I am pleased that I haven't been rejected straight away...considering I applied earlier than you. I am having some ugly instinct ... I have to got rid of the habit of checking email every thirty minutes. Let things happen to me I guess..

Thanks
Reply 79
Would I have a realistic chance with 75 second year (including 90+ average for quantitative module), 66 first year (BSc Economics from bad UK uni), no work experience, no GMAT? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending