Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Today I went for an interview at London South Bank expecting the worst (actually it wasn't that bad, in fact I quite liked it) anyway...I had a 10 minute interview and at the beginning they said out of the 25 people that were there only 4 were going to get places.

Waiting for my interview I chatted to my other interviewees and one of them had a conditional to Oxford to do Politics or something and the rest of them had applied to places I couldn't go to because my grades were, well.... crap.

I went in for my interview a bit wary of the competition. The interviewer looked at my UCAS form and said "I'm not going to beat around the bush but..." I thought oh well it's not my first choice. She continued and said "...even though you haven't got all A's like the rest of the people here they haven't got any work experience and I would like to offer you an unconditional place immediately".
    We then proceeded to chat for the rest of the 9 minutes about the snow.

Very weird, very interesting.

The Oxford girl got rejected because she had A's in like History, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering (The maths kind) and Maths. So I wasn't really surprised...neither was she.

ReputationRep:
    why would that be a reason for rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    why would that be a reason for rejection?
    It was for a writing course like, Journalism.

ReputationRep:
    The oxford one was probably rejected because they thought that she/ he would probably not accept the offer anyway.

ReputationRep:
    go Dani go Dani!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    It was for a writing course like, Journalism.
    why on earth would she apply for that? how incredibly odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    The oxford one was probably rejected because they thought that she/ he would probably not accept the offer anyway.
    Oh well she didn't actually tell the interviewer, your not allowed to. Remember they blank out the other courses as well. She said she wasn't going to mention it either and there would have been no reason for her to mention it either

ReputationRep:
    Hey Tinykates - how come you get away with that sig!!

Oh and vienna's profile - there's a link to... well... something not suitable for younger members.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)

Oh and vienna's profile - there's a link to... well... something not suitable for younger members.
    i'm special

ReputationRep:

Hey Blissy, what do you think??? I actually spoke to someone today that's already had the interview and apparently it's really friendly and she got accepted conditionally so that was slightly.....uplifiting

ReputationRep:
    Why was an Oxford offer holder going for an interview at London South Bank?

And what's with wanting to study "Journalism" at Uni if you want to be a journalist? Do a more respected degree which involves writing - like English or History.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Blissy, what do you think??? I actually spoke to someone today that's already had the interview and apparently it's really friendly and she got accepted conditionally so that was slightly.....uplifiting
    <confused>

have you had the interview or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)

And what's with wanting to study "Journalism" at Uni if you want to be a journalist? Do a more respected degree which involves writing - like English or History.
    Tek...Go away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)

I'm guessing they're one of these people who applys local incase they decide the pain of moving away would be intolerable in April.

ReputationRep:
    so they offered you a place because you had the worst grades? odd indeed.
    definately unfair on other applicants.

ReputationRep:
    <confused>

have you had the interview or not?
    Not for the London Institute my number 1 choice, that's Friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    so they offered you a place because you had the worst grades? odd indeed.
    definately unfair on other applicants.
    Not the worst grades, because I had work experience at News International, the BBC etc and because I can speak french etc.

ReputationRep:

its not tinykates saying it, its a quote

well done dani :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Not for the London Institute my number 1 choice, that's Friday

aaaaaaaaaaah! I seeeeeee. London things all seem the same to me. I wouldn't be please I'd probably be thinking "OOO, one place [fewer/less] for me!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)

vintage.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.