Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    But I mean I could go to a prestigous University (McGill) because my great-grandad built a library there and gave them loads of money years ago.I applied last year and when they realised who I was they offered me a full-scholarship. I didn't want to take the easy route though.
    Seriously I don't weant to get the wrong side of you. You have contacts everywhere.

What did you say your dad did anyway? His name I thought managed you not to get searched in the airport didn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing journalism because I enjoy writing, I took English Language so I could write in first year of 6th form and we did NONE, so I gave up on it and got a D. I want to live in London. I'm not doing it just for the piece of paper, in fact that's probably one of the last reasons I'm doing it.
    That's good, I'm glad of that! Yes I know what you mean about the writing - I'm doing language and literature and there is absolutely no creative element at all. I still want to be an author some day perhaps, but all we ever do is analyse OTHER people's works and it might improve my own to some extent, but I'm sure I'd enjoy actually writing myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Seriously I don't weant to get the wrong side of you. You have contacts everywhere.

What did you say your dad did anyway? His name I thought managed you not to get searched in the airport didn't it?
    McGill is the premier Uni' in Canda. They also have had examples of my work at LSBU prior so they obviously think I have potential.
    2776 my dad was formerly (he's retired now) the head of airline, airport and air cargo security for Britain and the Commonwealth. He also tried to get the American's to imply baggage screening on domestic flights and set up a conference where they came over along with representatives from all over the world, where he was going to try and to get them to do it. Despite the cost. It's date was the 11th of September 2001.

He now owns his own company and at this very moment coming back from a contract in Peru, he's off to Afghanistan next month, South Africa the next and then the Sudan etc etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    McGill is the premier Uni' in Canda. They also have had examples of my work at LSBU prior so they obviously think I have potential.
    2776 my dad was formerly (he's retired now) the head of airline, airport and air cargo security for Britain and the Commonwealth. He also tried to get the American's to imply baggage screening on domestic flights and set up a conference where they came over along with representatives from all over the world, where he was going to try and to get them to do it. Despite the cost. It's date was the 11th of September 2001.

He now owns his own company and at this very moment coming back from a contract in Peru, he's off to Afghanistan next month, South Africa the next and then the Sudan etc etc etc.
    Yeah well, My dad's a recovering alcoholic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    That's good, I'm glad of that! Yes I know what you mean about the writing - I'm doing language and literature and there is absolutely no creative element at all. I still want to be an author some day perhaps, but all we ever do is analyse OTHER people's works and it might improve my own to some extent, but I'm sure I'd enjoy actually writing myself.
    We always did about elision and elipsis and modal verbs blah blah. I've never been a bad student as such, I'm jsut unmotivated. THis guy hated me and we did a political correctness study and the guys next to me threw a paper airplane and it hit him on the head. He grabbed me by the arm dragged me across the table, stood me up in the middle of the room and shouted poking me in the chest, "THIS PERSON IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF A "RETARD", "MONG'", "*******" etc etc and I had no-one to report it to...he was Vice-Principal...I skived 18 consecutive lessons and when he came looking for me I dived under a car and got covered in petrol. He tried to get me kicked outta the college, all because of a paper airplane I didn't throw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Yeah well, My dad's a recovering alcoholic.
    So's my mum

ReputationRep:
    So's my mum
    Is that a joke? Cos I wasn't actually joking.

ReputationRep:
    We always did about elision and elipsis and modal verbs blah blah. I've never been a bad student as such, I'm jsut unmotivated. THis guy hated me and we did a political correctness study and the guys next to me threw a paper airplane and it hit him on the head. He grabbed me by the arm dragged me across the table, stood me up in the middle of the room and shouted poking me in the chest, "THIS PERSON IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF A "RETARD", "MONG'", "*******" etc etc and I had no-one to report it to...he was Vice-Principal...I skived 18 consecutive lessons and when he came looking for me I dived under a car and got covered in petrol. He tried to get me kicked outta the college, all because of a paper airplane I didn't throw
    You should have reported him to the education authority thats disgusting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Is that a joke? Cos I wasn't actually joking.
    Unfortunatley...no

ReputationRep:
    People I've come to like on so far UKL: Bono, Tinykates, HappySunshine, Lumpy Custard, Lou p Lou, Mad caddie, ~*Glitter*~, Mr White, Jammyd, eric bischoff, elpaw, Xenon, ShOcKzZ, Adhsur, 2776, Kita, The_Barman, Bhaal85, cate, Amazingtrade - I'M AWARE THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS BUT I LIKE SO MANY
    <reads and re-reads> I'm not there. Despite my red hair...

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunatley...no
    Oh sorry, its just i was expecting some snyd comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    <reads and re-reads> I'm not there. Despite my red hair...
    Ok, Ok, Ok, I'm working on it, i have a list of the next people to add and both you and Dani are on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    You should have reported him to the education authority thats disgusting!
    I was 16 and thick, the worst part of it all....he pretended to like me after he let me off my 10 months of "Report". Then my current Sociology teacher got ill, he's now left and I've got this horrible blokes WIFE who also hates me because I said her shellsuit made her arse look huge when I was at that college...(What can I say!? I had a grudge) and so I've stopped going to Sociology (it's ok though it's just Media Studies)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Ok, Ok, Ok, I'm working on it, i have a list of the next people to add and both you and Dani are on it.
    *cuddles*

i g2g bbl! haha hows about that tek...look i'm not even using capital letterzzzz

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Dani!

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why people on this forum feel the need to be so damn rude. If Dani wants to go and do a journalism degree, it's hardly going to affect any of you. Glad you got in

ReputationRep:
    nice one dani dont listen to any of these snobs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    nice one dani dont listen to any of these snobs!
    yeah i agree. i dont like this one bit, she started telling everyone on how well her interview went and the thread downturned into her defending her choices?!

Tek, sorry but scamper back off to the oxbridge thread. theres more to life than A grade a levels etc. her acceptance has just shown that this is very true. journalism is a hard world to get into and i'm sure any company would prefer an experienced person from a *lower* university than a journalism virgin straight out of oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)

Again, I notice "family contacts" - you are an unfair cheat! You got in through your family contacts giving you work experience and they selected you over an A grade candidate! How unfair is that?
    You used daddy's money to get you into private school, didn't you ? You cheat.

I, on the other hand, managed to get into a good school through my own intelligence.

This means you suck, and I rock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    You used daddy's money to get you into private school, didn't you ? You cheat.

I, on the other hand, managed to get into a good school through my own intelligence.

This means you suck, and I rock.
    Yah, I also used my brain though, seeing as they offered me a scholarship. :rolleyes:

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.