The Student Room Group

So i dented my car in the first week

First week after passing my car hazs a dent on it. Its an Aygo , my brother used before me for a around 3-4 years. I think im second named driver on policy

Anyway, is it necesary to repair / will i be in big trouble with parents haha?

also i have no idea when this happened, surely i would have heard a noise? could someone have done it when i was parked in bays at some point?
(edited 11 years ago)
In ireland - we dont tend to worry about such things as dents. Scratches in paintwork, minor bumps, long as it doesnt impede the performance of the car - dont stress about it.

However the UK tends to be a bit erm stressed (its nicer sounding than neurotic) about things like this,

whose fault was it? If its yours (and this includes hit by an unknown driver) then you'll have pay the excess, get the car fixed and see your premiums increase. If its not your fault then should be fine.

Or you could just take it to a garage and pay them to pop the bump out
If you don't know when it happened then you've no idea whether it was you or someone else. You won't be able to claim on someone elses insurance, best thing to do is take it to a panel beating place and give them £20 and they'll sort it
Dents aren't a big deal unless they affect the performance of your car. The car we had had dents all over it from my friend jumping on the hood while drunk and was missing its hubcaps. Anything that could fall off without it failing its MOT did, basically.
Reply 4
Sorry to hear about that mate, it's a crap feeling just after the ecstasy of passing! If you didn't hear/feel anything during driving then it's probably vandalism which occurred when it was parked. Only get it fixed if you feel you can't drive around with it; on a 3-4 year old car it's probably ok to just leave it. If you claim, only do it if its £200+ above your excess. Hope it goes well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending