Turn on thread page Beta
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.

Are you creating a front end for an access database using VB or are you programming your own databases yourself purely in VB? I am staying away completely from using access because I don't like it.

I originally was planning on implementing a login system like you, though I have scrapped the idea pretty recently. I may put it back in again, though, to require a login for changing stock details etc, but only if I have enough time after completing everything else.

The only thing worrying me about this coursework is creating the invoice and standard letter, because this is easy to do in Access but I have no idea how to produce pretty printed pages using purely VB, though I admit I havn't done any research yet on how I would go about implementing it. How did you manage to do your invoice?

I am using 5 tables in my database (vehicle, fittings, company, bookings and stock) and I have managed to finish a form just today that will be used for editing the stock table and this should be fairly easy to port over to editing the company table.

For the vehicle, fittings and bookings, however, I am going to have the user input a registration firstly, using an input mask on my text box (using the Microsoft Masked Edit Control) to provide the validation, and then it will search the vehicle table for the registration. If the registration is found then it will ask to either create a new booking date/time for this vehicle or fullfill existing ones. If the registration is not found then it will display a form used for adding the new vehicle to the vehicle table.

For the tables in the database, I am using 5 seperate files since I have no idea how to handle file archives currently in VB.

E-mail me at: [email protected] (my msn if you wanna add me) or [email protected] (not my msn! lol)

I would love to know how you're going about implementing this coursework.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.