Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    1 - they are the only country to use nuclear weapons (the americans regularly used depleated uranium tipped bullets in the gulf war which, despite myths, are still radioactive)

2 - america is the only country to have very used napalm (in vietnam it was used to remove forest cover (they also used agent orange)

3 - america never stopped the funding of the IRA, despite knowing who was doing it. In fact they funded osama bin laden and supported the taliban as well.

4 - America has invaded 17 countries since world war 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    1 - they are the only country to use nuclear weapons (the americans regularly used depleated uranium tipped bullets in the gulf war which, despite myths, are still radioactive)

2 - america is the only country to have very used napalm (in vietnam it was used to remove forest cover (they also used agent orange)

3 - america never stopped the funding of the IRA, despite knowing who was doing it. In fact they funded osama bin laden and supported the taliban as well.

5- America is lead by a primitive monkey which couldn't successfully rule a tree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    5- America is lead by a primitive monkey which couldn't successfully rule a tree.
    lolz........

ReputationRep:
    Well, the most powerful country in the world always abuses it's responsibilities...

*Looks at old British Empire*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    now now, we don't want to insult our primate friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will)
    Well, the most powerful country in the world always abuses it's responsibilities...

*Looks at old British Empire*
    I completely agree, that is the main reason I am glad we no longer have the empire.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, we're of the same genus u know!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    yeah, we're of the same genus u know!!
    Nope got it wrong!!!
    so embarrasinggggggggggg

ReputationRep:
    Oops yeah, maybe i'm confusing them with bacteria.

ReputationRep:
    I just think something has to be done about ameria, as they beleive they have the right to do anything with a good concience.

They won't even release the number of iraqi soldiers they killed, they may not even know, america just dug big pits and pushed them all in.

ReputationRep:

So what?

ReputationRep:

Point 1 - justify.

Point 2 - so what?

Point 3 - When you say "America" do you mean America as a State or are you merely pointing out that a few misguided "Irish Americans" from Boston donated a few bucks here and there? I think you mean the latter don't you?

Point 4 - Can you name them? And more importantly, can you attach the rationale for these "no doubt" horrific invasions under which the nasty yanky bullies brutalized and tortured millions of peaceloving folks in concentration camps? 'Invaded" my ass.

ReputationRep:
    I just think something has to be done about ameria, as they beleive they have the right to do anything with a good concience.

They won't even release the number of iraqi soldiers they killed, they may not even know, america just dug big pits and pushed them all in.
    Evidence? Or just what you'd like to believe?

ReputationRep:

We also used depleted uranium shells in the gulf war and as for the invasions, it was never about conquest, but about ridding the world of barbaric leaders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)

Point 3 - When you say "America" do you mean America as a State or are you merely pointing out that a few misguided "Irish Americans" from Boston donated a few bucks here and there? I think you mean the latter don't you?
    Yeah, it was hardly state sponsored terrorism, but I don't think too much was done about it until Clinton began some diplomacy in NI.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Point 1 - justify.

Point 2 - so what?

Point 4 - Can you name them? And more importantly, can you attach the rationale for these "no doubt" horrific invasions under which the nasty yanky bullies brutalized and tortured millions of peaceloving folks in concentration camps? 'Invaded" my ass.
    Have you even seen a st patricks day parade in america? have you seen how many people wear a black berrey, to show they support or sympathise with the IRA.

How about I use the phrase 'got directly invloved in a conflict in' instead of invade, that reflects america better now. and they may be able to rationalise them, but listen to the reasons, we had korea and vietnam, both were entered to stop communism spreading. America was trying to stop an ideology they didn't like, seems a bit dictatorial, doesn't it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred0202)
    We also used depleted uranium shells in the gulf war and as for the invasions, it was never about conquest, but about ridding the world of barbaric leaders.
    We never used any delepted uranium shells in the war, they were only used in the tank busters, which were solely owned by the americans.

ReputationRep:
    Have you even seen a st patricks day parade in america? have you seen how many people wear a black berrey, to show they support or sympathise with the IRA.

How about I use the phrase 'got directly invloved in a conflict in' instead of invade, that reflects america better now. and they may be able to rationalise them, but listen to the reasons, we had korea and vietnam, both were entered to stop communism spreading. America was trying to stop an ideology they didn't like, seems a bit dictatorial, doesn't it.
    Yes, "individuals" and not the State.

"Didn't like communism"? Neither do I. Do you know anybody apart from a few naive and mislead students who like communism? It stinks. I've lived in the ex-USSR, and I've seen the god damn awful mess it's made of some of those countries.

I also know many many people who were brought up in Poland, Russia, and Romania and they all say it stank as well. In fact most of the ones I know would have been quite grateful for a US invasion to get rid of ******s like Ceucescu.

ReputationRep:
    We never used any delepted uranium shells in the war, they were only used in the tank busters, which were solely owned by the americans.
    Look at the 4th paragraph

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/2860759.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred0202)
    How would you like it if someone ridded the world of YOUR barbaric leader?

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.