Turn on thread page Beta

Unusual grades watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody thought they have done really terribly in a test and when they get the results they have done brilliantly.......today i got back a physics test which i though i got about 60% on when in fact i got 96% (2nd in the year)....!

(Original post by jamierwilliams)
    Has anybody thought they have done really terribly in a test and when they get the results they have done brilliantly.......today i got back a physics test which i though i got about 60% on when in fact i got 96% (2nd in the year)....!
    For my Electronics AS I thought that I had not even answered enough questions to get an E (anyone here last summer will confirm this) but I ended up with an A!!! Still not sure how this happened :confused:

ReputationRep:
    lol well done though!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I get that sometimes, I thought I messed up my physics test but it turns out I was the only person in my school to get an A* in it, which was quite a shock. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Does this actually happen, or are people just too modest when talking about how well they thought they did after an exam?

ReputationRep:
    I always say I've messed an exam up and then I'm covered if I do ever bad.

ReputationRep:
    Came out my engineering exam...and cried.

Then got an A*!

ReputationRep:
    How unusual.

ReputationRep:
    I'l tell you in 2 hours and 39 mins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I'l tell you in 2 hours and 39 mins.
    Does our intranet acutally work, and will it be 12:00AM on the dot or are delays going to be inevitable? I can't imagin our network admin staying there until 12:00, can you?

ReputationRep:
    I rmemeber wen i got a B for geography in my year 10 mocks...
    B for geography in my year 11 mocks....
    And I was sure id done it again for the real GCSE's but I ended up wiv an E!!!!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Does our intranet acutally work, and will it be 12:00AM on the dot or are delays going to be inevitable? I can't imagin our network admin staying there until 12:00, can you?
    Yup, although if you go on it now it says "not available until midnight."

I'm told it will work at 12:01 on the *dot*. But seriously, you know how slow our network gets when the library fills up, god knows how that thing will cope when 2000 people hit enter at 12:01 exactly. Either way I'm gonna stay up and perservere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Yup, although if you go on it now it says "not available until midnight."

I'm told it will work at 12:01 on the *dot*. But seriously, you know how slow our network gets when the library fills up, god knows how that thing will cope when 2000 people hit enter at 12:01 exactly. Either way I'm gonna stay up and perservere.
    I can't find that 'not available until midnight' message. Which hyperlink did you click on? I'm currently logged in, and can't find that message.

ReputationRep:
    On the right at the bottom after you've logged in, click on examinations, then click on view results.

ReputationRep:
    I dont trust the exam boards, whether you get a 'good' grade or a 'bad' grade its down to random luck, i dont believe i should have got A when i have or U! when i have, its a joke

ReputationRep:
    well, I got EXACTLY what I thought.
    An A on my AS psychology!
    I got 86%, 94% and 100% on the 3 modules.
    I worked my arse off, I read the entire text book, I answered every single past paper I could get my hands on, and I wrote 30 sides of A4 in the 3 1hr exams.
    I deserved that A.
    I am so happy.

I think if you work hard enough for something, then you do do well.
    And I think that a lot of people don't have their heads screwed on during exams so they can't remember a lot about what they actually wrote after.

ReputationRep:
    hi
    I kind of had the same situation as you about three months ago. It was during our mock exams and the last exam I had was PE theory Exams. I hadn't revise so I thought I would come up with a D or C but infact I got an A

ReputationRep:
    I had an unusual grade, an 'N' is this worse than a U....? I have a feeling it is....

ReputationRep:
    *******s

ReputationRep:
    Who was that to Burgerqueen...?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.