Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Yes but he goes to a posh grammar school where they have professors teaching him and all.
    Uh no. No profs at our school. We are greeted by an old man who is hot on Astrophysics, and has been with our school for over 40 years.

He is a fellow of the british astronomy association (or something like that) and he actually knows Patrick Moore personally (freaky)

And even though we are doing GCSE Astrophysics, it covers some of the basic 1st year sections in Universities. Quite a lot infact. (the bits he teaches us anyway)

ReputationRep:
    On AQA you do quite a bit of mechanics work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    He is a fellow of the british astronomy association (or something like that) and he actually knows Patrick Moore personally (freaky)
    Wow, cool.

My Physics teachers suck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred0202)
    On AQA you do quite a bit of mechanics work.
    Yes I agree, there is quite a bit on AQA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    oooooooooooooooh. well my (ex)physics teacher is going out with Joao Magueijo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Wow, cool.

My Physics teachers suck!
    Same here. I think he is actually confused by the OCR B syllabus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    My astrophysics teacher is eccentric to the highest degree.

He was awarded a Cambridge fellowship to research for 2 terms, but he declined as he wanted his dog to come as well.

He was nominated for the fellowship of the BAA, by Patrick Moore and the Chairman of the BAA. He was the youngest member in its history.

He is about 65, and he can do handstands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Same here. I think he is actually confused by the OCR B syllabus.
    My teachers struggle to do AS Level exam questions half the time. It's a piss take. :rolleyes:

My mechanics teacher doesn't even know what SOHCAHTOA is. :rolleyes:

BTW: You got any results to come tomorrow Phil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    My astrophysics teacher is eccentric to the highest degree.

He was awarded a Cambridge fellowship to research for 2 terms, but he declined as he wanted his dog to come as well.

He was nominated for the fellowship of the BAA, by Patrick Moore and the Chairman of the BAA. He was the youngest member in its history.

He is about 65, and he can do handstands.
    Now that was funny...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    BTW: You got any results to come tomorrow Phil?
    Yep, P1, BYO1, CHM1, OCR B 1.

You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    Is she fit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Yep, P1, BYO1, CHM1, OCR B 1.

You?
    Physics 1.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Physics 1.

Good luck.
    Waht about the rest of the 1 mods?

Good luck to you too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    You taking the rest of your modules at summer?
    Yep. 14 Modules, including General Studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Waht about the rest of the 1 mods?

Good luck to you too.
    Cheers.

Although I already have some security as I got 100% on the AS Coursework - This is worth 15% of the total AS Grade, therefore I already have 45/300 UMS.

As for the other Module 1's - No, all in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)

Wow, I'm seriously impressed.
    Having read his book, I know that her name is Kim Baskerville and she gave up research cos Durham were quite nasty to her, among other things.

It must be great to have an ex-researcher working with you. I've read a couple of her papers.
    Did she ever bring him in to talk to you or anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    Wow, I'm seriously impressed.
    Having read his book, I know that her name is Kim Baskerville and she gave up research cos Durham were quite nasty to her, among other things.

It must be great to have an ex-researcher working with you. I've read a couple of her papers.
    Did she ever bring him in to talk to you or anything?
    yeah, he came in and did a talk about the gravitational constant and the speed of light and the sort of stuff he was famous for in those times. but i dont think she was suited to teaching GCSE physics. i didnt have anything against her, but it is different teaching a class of 15/16 year old kids who aren't really interested, and lecturing to a group of interested undergraduates, and unfortunately for her it didnt work out that well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    do you enjor chemistry and physics? i enjoy both of them but as you may have gathered i want to go into law.......although subjects dont really matter.....if i did history and french on top of chem, physics, ad maths i think it would be good
    i said that i want to study law very early on...the 4th post i think!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.