Can't Pee Whilst Using Urinals

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi Guys,

I've had this problem for a couple of years now, I just can't pee when I use urinals. Up until now, I've always used the cubicals in public toilets - but I'd like to get over this problem and be able use the urinals.

When I use urinals at school, no matter how much I try to urinate - nothing comes out. Even if I'm desparate for the toilet! When I try really hard to urinate, I start to get an erection for some reason!

Has anyone got any suggestions of how I can overcome this problem? Has anyone else experienced something similar?

I've had a look online and people seem to have stuff similar to this, but they say they don't get an erection?

Sounds weird, I know, but if anyone can help
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Forgot to add, I'm 16 btw guys. Not that it particularly matters
Elwyn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Never been able to use a urinal. I've given up trying, I'd just be standing there holding my member in the middle of the guys toilet like some sort of pervert.
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I find looking up and trying to forget that you're in a public place helps, especially if you try to pretend you're really in front of your toilet at home. But generally speaking I can't go unless it's in a cubicle.
LordBerkut
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I can't use a urinal, but that's because of a fear of public shrinkage and the fact that if my piss-stream goes haywire, bouncing everywhere and on to the other guy, I can't exactly just go wipe it off with some toilet paper. The fact that you get an erection suggests mild gayness or that you're turned on by being seen. Just wait for a cubicle or drink less liquid when you leave the house.
Effort
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
One trick is to do maths problems in your head which takes your mind off the anxiety about not being able to piss. During a football game, for me, when its really crowded its the worst. Everyone's waiting and your under so much pressure. I say **** it and go to cubicle:rolleyes:
Hearty_Beast
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Have you tried just waiting til it happens (however long it takes) at a urinal when there's no-one else in the bathroom? And possibly leave a tap trickling whilst you try...

What's actually different about a cubicle? Just that the toilet is lower down, and there are walls around you. (Unless you sit to pee, which is probably risky in public loos!)
M1011
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bazlehman)
I can't use a urinal, but that's because of a fear of public shrinkage and the fact that if my piss-stream goes haywire, bouncing everywhere and on to the other guy, I can't exactly just go wipe it off with some toilet paper. The fact that you get an erection suggests mild gayness or that you're turned on by being seen. Just wait for a cubicle or drink less liquid when you leave the house.
:rofl:
username818763
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't like using urinals either and mostly use cubicles . Urinals always make me feel exposed and awkward. Cubicles provide safety from awkwardness too
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi Guys,

I've had this problem for a couple of years now, I just can't pee when I use urinals. Up until now, I've always used the cubicals in public toilets - but I'd like to get over this problem and be able use the urinals.

When I use urinals at school, no matter how much I try to urinate - nothing comes out. Even if I'm desparate for the toilet! When I try really hard to urinate, I start to get an erection for some reason!

Has anyone got any suggestions of how I can overcome this problem? Has anyone else experienced something similar?

I've had a look online and people seem to have stuff similar to this, but they say they don't get an erection?

Shy bladder.

lots of guys get it including myself.
at beginning of uni it was so bad I would sometimes have to leave clubs/bars - even if using a cubicle i couldn't go if i could hear loads of people outside.

but gradually over time i have improved to the point where i can use urinals.

there are some good sites about it, and basically you have to train yourself out of it.
DontBeJelBeReem
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi Guys,

i know dat feel. Its weird... i never used to have this problem, but all of a sudden i just have to use cubicles all the time. no matter how long i have to wait or queue..
ash92:)
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just relax, and let it flow dude...let it flow...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Ice Constricter
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi Guys,

Is it cause you're paranoid people will be watching you or what?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.95%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.15%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.62%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.82%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.21%

Watched Threads